QSUD or super tech full synthetic for 2013 silverado.

Looking for some good oil for my new to me 2013 silverado. I have 102000miles. Looking at Wal-Mart super tech and Quaker state ultimate durability. I change every 5000 miles and use wi filters.

I vote for SuperTech Synthetic. Both are good performing oils, but ST Syn will give you a warm fuzzy feeling that you got an oil that performs as well as "The Big Guys" for your interval, but it saved you a couple bucks. P.S. Someone here ran Supertech Conventional for 15k miles with good UOA results.

ST full synthetic is fantastic oil for the $16 a jug price. I have run that 12k and it held up great (sent to the lab for testing). 5k is nothing for that oil.

I vote for Warren Distribution's SuperTECH, but not knowing that's exactly what you're getting and having no website to surf for "SuperTECH" steers me away. I know some say it's the same as many of Warren's oils but this is just conjecture.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wemay
I vote for Warren Distribution's SuperTECH, but not knowing that's exactly what you're getting and having no website to surf for "SuperTECH" steers me away. I know some say it's the same as many of Warren's oils but this is just conjecture.
You can email Warren Distribution. Their PDS is like a VOA and PDS in one.

Just bought a 5 quart of QSUD 0w-20. Less than a dollar more per quart than the Supertech and with a good dose of moly.