Purpose of tomato juice in beer?

I’ve been a bartender for 35 years. The “red beer” is not all that uncommon actually. It’s usually ordered by people that are 50+ years old and commonly ordered with Bloody Mary mix as well as tomato juice.

I know it’s commonly called a “Michelada” but I note a few older folks put v8 or tomato juice in their beer. Is it me or.....?
Adam … prior to the temporary end of the world … we’d have them at an oyster “boat” next to the BiL’s place … those shuckers would get the other stuff in a frozen mug and nose dive/raise a long neck beer to finish it off.
I’d get mine with an oyster in it …🦪 lucky 13th oyster!

Adam … prior to the temporary end of the world … we’d have them at an oyster “boat” next to the BiL’s place … those shuckers would get the other stuff in a frozen mug and nose dive/raise a long neck beer to finish it off.
I’d get mine with an oyster in it …🦪 lucky 13th oyster!

Thanks for the info, pretty cool 🍻🇺🇸☮️🇨🇦

Micheladas are my drink of choice for grass mowing and general farting around outside.

Modelo Especial, Clamato, Valentina, Tajin, lime juice, cayenne powder, and a few habanero slices to float around. Mix it all in a 32 oz mason jar over ice. Maybe toss in a shot of tequila.

Refreshing.

It sounds like something for people that dont like beer. Like coffee lovers that take it with 2 sugars and cream. Its NOT coffee.
I'll enjoy my hot bean water however I want, thank you very much.

And I'll do the same with my beer. Beer doesn't have to be just "beer." Ever have a Colaweizen or Radler? Delicious!

I think the Bavarians know a thing or two more about beer than most.

These are so much better than the Budlight ones...
1598042946407.jpg

Good … one can always add things to taste … harder to subtract … Thanks
Pour it into a large mason jar with ice and add some junk to it. Tajin, half a lime, and maybe a shot of tequila if you're feeling adventurous. Rim the glass with Tajin if you want to be fancy.

Question above: "Why do people put salt in beer?" I don't know.

I was told it was to make the carbonation "fizz out". I assume the gas bothers some people.

Back