PureFlow versus wix

Welcome to BITOG 🥳

Don't buy a HEPA cabin filter for your car. It will severely restrict the airflow, and it is noticeable. Everyone with a HEPA cabin filter complains about it. HEPA is only worth it if you or someone who regularly rides in the car has severe allergies.

That said, there's nothing wrong with the non-HEPA Pureflow. That would be my choice.

Welcome to BITOG 🥳

Don't buy a HEPA cabin filter for your car. It will severely restrict the airflow, and it is noticeable. Everyone with a HEPA cabin filter complains about it. HEPA is only worth it if you or someone who regularly rides in the car has severe allergies.

That said, there's nothing wrong with the non-HEPA Pureflow. That would be my choice.
Thanks for getting back to me. My main concern was with the HEPA filter. Not shooting you down about the pure flow non HEPA filter, but I've always been a big fan of wix filters.

I went out of my way to purchase a PureFlow for my Regal after being impressed with the quality of the one I installed in our Spectra. Not the Hepa, just the regular PureFlow.

Welcome to BITOG 🥳

Yes it's true. I had that problem

I just started another thread about cabin air filters. Sorry everyone. I didn't remember I had this one.

I did install and then uninstall a wax cabin air filter. The only way it comes is with activated carbon. It seemed more restrictive than the OEM "non-activated carbon" filter.

I'm entering the thing that the activated carbon caused (or at least played a part in) being more restrictive.

Probably a stupid question, but does activated carbon cause a filter to be more restrictive?

I just started another thread about cabin air filters. Sorry everyone. I didn't remember I had this one.

I did install and then uninstall a wax cabin air filter. The only way it comes is with activated carbon. It seemed more restrictive than the OEM "non-activated carbon" filter.

I'm entering the thing that the activated carbon caused (or at least played a part in) being more restrictive.

Probably a stupid question, but does activated carbon cause a filter to be more restrictive?

Not necessarily. The carbon doesn't usually cause more restriction that's noticeable. However, the cheapest no-name cabin filters should be the least restrictive, since they probably have less/thinner media :sneaky:

Autozone's basic STP cabin filter probably doesn't have the carbon in it.

Try the Denso 454-5057. It has the carbon, but Denso is a major OE supplier to Toyota and also a subsidiary of Toyota.

Is the OEM Toyota part number 87139-58010? :unsure:

Went to the dealership and bought a cabin air filter. It was 36.00 and some change "out the door". The wix cabin air filter that I bought and returned was 39.00 before taxes.

The cabin air filter that I pulled out of my vehicle had the same number as the one I bought today at the dealership. 87139-YZZ93.

The one that I pulled out of my vehicle was (originally) "white as a sheet of paper". The one that I installed, is white with a gray/light black tinge. I'm guessing the gray/light black is carbon/charcoal.

I asked the parts person why two different filters would have the same part number. He said something about the part number being "superseded". I still didn't fully understand.

Back