Project Farm Lucas transmission additive video

Originally Posted by discountdon
what I want to see Project Farm do is have him do an Universal ATF Showdown like what he did with motor oils

Watch one of his videos on knives, it will give as much technically valid information on ATF as your suggestion would do.

Originally Posted by kschachn
what I want to see Project Farm do is have him do an Universal ATF Showdown like what he did with motor oils

Watch one of his videos on knives, it will give as much technically valid information on ATF as your suggestion would do.

I just emailed Project Farm linking to this thread and suggesting an ATF SHOWDOWN for: Valvoline Maxlife/Import, Castrol, Mobil 1, Amsoil, Triax Global, Lubegard Complete, Redline... hope he replies!

Last edited:

I just emailed Project Farm linking to this thread and suggesting an ATF SHOWDOWN for: Valvoline Maxlife/Import, Castrol, Mobil 1, Amsoil, Triax Global, Lubegard Complete, Redline... hope he replies!

Don't hold your breath.. he's busy counting all the coin his channel generates! (lucky dog!...)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Don't hold your breath.. he's busy counting all the coin his channel generates! (lucky dog!...)

don't worry, I'll send a follow up email soliciting a response from him within a week!

I run the Brave browser, all annoying youtube ads blocked
grin2.gif

Guess what??? I didn't even need to contact his AGENT nor his ENTOURAGE!!!

20.gif
Project Farm is the real deal y'all!

Hi discountdon,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. I read the comments on the BOBISTHEOILGUY forum and found it a little surprising that someone doubted you'd get a response. lol. I reply to nearly everyone who leaves a comment on a video and every email message.. I do understand their skepticism. Very few channels interact with viewers, and I realize that each channel has their own workload and way of doing things. For me, it's important to interact, help others, and learn from them as well.

I've very interested in testing ATF but I need to first reach out to some contacts with expertise in this area. While I don't have expensive test equipment, I believe there's a way to gain information regarding quality and performance without a million dollar lab. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks again and best regards,

Project Farm

[Linked Image]

he replied within hours... he may need guidance, suggestions to conduct a test, as ATF is a different beast to work with...

Good on him for replying. +1

Tell him to join and create a thread to solicit input.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
How would he realistically test ATFs? Certainly not on that scar rig?

He cannot, just as he cannot meaningfully test motor oils. What he does on the videos is only for entertainment and revenue generation.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
How would he realistically test ATFs? Certainly not on that scar rig?

He cannot, just as he cannot meaningfully test motor oils. What he does on the videos is only for entertainment and revenue generation.

Exactly. ATFs would be even further out of the realm of that rig. It would be like testing Shell vs Costco E10 93 gasoline by running them through a diesel engine.

ATFs are little more than glorified hydraulic oils. I know ATI has the equipment to bench test torque converters with different fluids, but I'm sure PF doesn't have hundreds of thousands of dollars for said equipment. Much less being able to test the friction/grip of clutches with different fluids.

Last edited:

...he replied within hours... he may need guidance, suggestions to conduct a test, as ATF is a different beast to work with...

There is no way he can test ATF and receive any meaningful results.

The facilities I work with have motored dynos, sensors to measure pressures and torques, and are run through a series of FZG and low velocity friction apparatus (LVFA) machine tests, an SAE#2 machine test (SAE 940281), a system to determine Mu(v) profiles, and various scan tool adapters for different transmissions which I doubt he has.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MolaKule

...he replied within hours... he may need guidance, suggestions to conduct a test, as ATF is a different beast to work with...

The facilities I work with have motored dynos, sensors to measure pressures and torques, and are run through a series of FZG and low velocity friction apparatus (LVFA) machine tests, an SAE#2 machine test (SAE 940281), a system to determine Mu(v) profiles, and various scan tool adapters for different transmissions which I doubt he has.

Invite him over

wow, I never thought project farm would actually get involved in this thread, interesting!

Maybe I should jump to the tools section and begin discussing a BOLTR, is AVE listening?

Originally Posted by ad244
Originally Posted by MolaKule

Invite him over

Let us know if he rides over in the tractor, two stroke bike or the ranger, ok?

I recently saw a project farm video that was about a high mileage honda accord v6 automatic that had some odd shifting going on. Some shifts were latent and appeared to him as slight slippage. He added the Lucas additive and the video showed overall shifting improvement. What I thought was interesting was the VOA from Blackstone on the Lucas. Basically, the Lucas has just about no additives but a very high viscosity index. So the conclusion was the Lucas makes the fluid thicker. As I suspected, magic transmission rebuild in a bottle is snake oil that raises the viscosity and nothing more.
Had a P1811 code
I also used Lucas additive and no real change when the transmission gets warmer its starts hard shifting , so I was wondering if I should add the 2 OZ tube of Shudder and hope its a better additive ? I changed one coil that was misfiring, I cleaned the MAP sensor so far so good without the additive Shudder .

Back in the day, I had a buddy who's dad owned a use car lot
If he had a car with a slipping trans he'd put a couple of cans of STP in the transmission to get it through the auction sale.
It worked for a short time not sure how it worked long term
I wonder why people don't trust used car dealers - - - - hmmmmmmm.

Back