PRO TEC PTL 57502 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon again BITOGERS
smile.gif

This filter and NAPA conventional or whatever 5w30 eas on and in a 2011 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 v8 4x4 SUV for 5,xxx miles. 60/40% highway/short trip driving. 89,997 on odometer, did not see how much oil life left. Put Maxlife Synthetic 5w30 from the stash and Tough Guard 10060 in and on.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks for the pictures!

NAPA ProSelect is made like Purolator now just like that one. Use to be made like Wix.

Originally Posted by BigD1
Thanks for the pictures!

NAPA ProSelect is made like Purolator now just like that one. Use to be made like Wix.

Thank You for the info sir. The Auto Extra we use at work now have "louvers" but not base plate like purolator I notice.

Thanks for sharing. I thought these were still of a Wix design but appear now to be Purolators. Interesting that they are still using the Gastonia, NC address on the can.

Thank you for the last several c & p's. Always great photo's, too. Thanks again. Irishman

Originally Posted by ThirdeYe
Thanks for sharing. I thought these were still of a Wix design but appear now to be Purolators. Interesting that they are still using the Gastonia, NC address on the can.

WIX and Purolator both now owned by Hummal+Mann, so they're starting to look similar in design and construction.

As noted, this jobber tier ProTec looks to be made by Puro. As indicated by posted anecdotes no similar crossover in the upper tier Wix/Napa Gold, XP/Platinum to this point.

That said, looks like this one got the job done for~ 5k mi. oci. No tears and no adbv cuts noted or observed.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
As noted, this jobber tier ProTec looks to be made by Puro. As indicated by posted anecdotes no similar crossover in the upper tier Wix/Napa Gold, XP/Platinum to this point.

That said, looks like this one got the job done for~ 5k mi. oci. No tears and no adbv cuts noted or observed.

Thanks for c&p.

Sayjac: you are welcome sir
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back