Pro-Gold gun lube

I acquired some of this lube with a bunch of reloading equipment I purchased a while back. It seems like a grease with perhaps copper added as an anti seize/galling additive. Is this stuff any good? Is there any particular application that it's better suited to?

20191013_103738.jpg

15709813708054668431871564430297.jpg

Last edited:
Someone made up their own grease by mixing some bearing grease with some Copper anti-seize and then marked up the price 1000%. Thats my guess.

Brian Eno's Slide Glide. This is my go to for 3k+ firearms (not including AR15 or AR10s'). I'm sure it's overpriced but it works very well. I use it on my high end bolt action's and custom shop handguns.

Originally Posted by BISCUT
Brian Eno's Slide Glide. This is my go to for 3k+ firearms (not including AR15 or AR10s'). I'm sure it's overpriced but it works very well. I use it on my high end bolt action's and custom shop handguns.
Are you saying that Pro-Gold is slide Glide or are you recommending it?

Originally Posted by bubbatime
Someone made up their own grease by mixing some bearing grease with some Copper anti-seize and then marked up the price 1000%. Thats my guess.
^ yes.

Originally Posted by tundraotto
Originally Posted by bubbatime
^ yes.
That may be but I didn't buy it new and the sticker on top (looks 80s or 90s) said $3.47,so not the biggest investment to whomever bought it.

It's a good lube. Long as you've got it, use it. I remember it was the shiznitz among some O/U shooters for a while.

[/quote]Are you saying that Pro-Gold is slide Glide or are you recommending it? [/quote] No, its not the same product. ProGold oil has formulation issues which cause corrosion on steel.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by igolfat8
[/quote]Are you saying that Pro-Gold is slide Glide or are you recommending it?
No, its not the same product. ProGold oil has formulation issues which cause corrosion on steel. [/quote] Hmmm and after using this since about 1991 I'm lucky enough no to have a corrosion issue on either of my Benchrest guns?

Last edited: