Printers

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Here it is June 3rd and still no printer from TD! I was told it was to be delivered to my front door on June 1st. Then they said June 4th. Then they said June 12th. I called them earlier and now they're saying June 15th.
Whatever you do, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH TIGER DIRECT! I have been waiting since May 22nd for my printer. All this company does is hamstrings you along and lies to you!
I have asked for a refund, but they said the financial dept. takes care of that. I have called them about 6-8 times to no avail.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

If you used a credit card simply dispute the charge as never received product.
You don't need to expand on anything else. Then it's stuck in tigers directs hands. If asked you can tell your credit card company tiger direct is non-responsive to your repeated requests.
Credit card companies are great in this respect and they handle everything. You need to do nothing and you will get an instant credit on your statement.

Staples, OfficeMax/Office Depot, Best Buy, Walmart are excellent online sources to order from. Most of all chances are out of all those sites you'll find a killer price or sale.

Last edited:
Here it is June 3rd and still no printer from TD! I was told it was to be delivered to my front door on June 1st. Then they said June 4th. Then they said June 12th. I called them earlier and now they're saying June 15th.
Whatever you do, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH TIGER DIRECT! I have been waiting since May 22nd for my printer. All this company does is hamstrings you along and lies to you!
I have asked for a refund, but they said the financial dept. takes care of that. I have called them about 6-8 times to no avail.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

That sux!!
Call your credit card company and demand to be absolved from this transaction. Tell them you are losing money and need closure today.

My experience with ink jet printers mirrors that of others. I had an HP ink jet. I don't print very often so each time I wanted to use it I had to go through the whole maintenance and print head cleaning procedure before it would print an acceptable page. And the cartridges were expensive. I finally got fed up and bought a Brother laser printer which was at least twice as expensive as most ink jet printers. But it works first time, every time and you get an enormous amount of pages per cartridge.
I would never buy another ink jet printer regardless of cost.

I called TD last Friday 6/12/20. I asked for my tracking number on my printer. They informed me my printer wasn't going to be shipped until the 24th now! I was PO'ed! I demanded to speak to a supervisor! They told me one was going to call me back. An hour later a supervisor called me. I told her what was going on and she offered me a Canon ink jet printer for 1/2 price and free shipping, guaranteed to be delivered Wednesday the 17th. I accepted. I just checked my tracking # and it's on time to be here tomorrow.
FINALLY, I'm getting a printer! And, it only took 28 days!

...... I told her what was going on and she offered me a Canon ink jet printer for 1/2 price and free shipping, guaranteed to be delivered Wednesday the 17th. I accepted. I just checked my tracking # and it's on time to be here tomorrow.

If this was a laser printer I'd say you did good, but another ink jet? Ugh..

Like said, if you only use an ink jet a few times a month, they're junk. Especially the ones available today.

FWIW, I paid like $79 shipped for my Canon imageclass MF232w laser a year or so ago. It's printed hundreds of sheets at this point.

Last edited:
I think they did you a disservice by sending an inkjet as a replacement for a laser regardless of price, unless it was free.

The cheaper inkjets are throwaway printers-- the second or third time you have to spring for a replacement cartridge prematurely (because the ink is dried) that costs as much as the printer did, they get thrown in the trash. That's been my experience with every inkjet I've owned. There are reliable inkjet printers out there, but typically high dollar commercial units.

Originally Posted by JTK
...... I told her what was going on and she offered me a Canon ink jet printer for 1/2 price and free shipping, guaranteed to be delivered Wednesday the 17th. I accepted. I just checked my tracking # and it's on time to be here tomorrow.

If this was a laser printer I'd say you did good, but another ink jet? Ugh..

Like said, if you only use an ink jet a few times a month, they're junk. Especially the ones available today.

FWIW, I paid like $79 shipped for my Canon imageclass MF232w laser a year or so ago. It's printed hundreds of sheets at this point.
An inkjet is junk if only used a few times a month?

I had a $59 Canon inkjet for like 7 years, printed maybe once every month or so. The ink cartridges would last at least a year, probably more like 2 years.

Originally Posted by Nick1994

I had a $59 Canon inkjet for like 7 years, printed maybe once every month or so. The ink cartridges would last at least a year, probably more like 2 years.

I'd still be using inkjets if it worked out like that for me. I don't even recall the number of inkjets I've been through since the early 1990s. I'd guess at a dozen or more and some of them were Canons ink jets.

Just checked my records.. Have had my Canon laser for just over a year.. Watch it poop the bed on my tomorrow. LOL

Last edited:
Back