Pretty good and small computer speakers

Claiming 8w RMS and actually being able to deliver that kind of output power are two different things with anything produced in China. They inflate claims on EVERYTHING, audio amplifiers in particular.
Creative is a reputable brand. The specs say "*Up to 8W RMS when Gain is set to “High” while plugged into a 10W USB-C Port / USB-C Power Adapter / 5V 2A USB-A Power Adapter. (5V 2A USB-A power adapter is not included.)"

https://us.creative.com/p/speakers/creative-pebble-v2

But I agree. Like I mentioned before, if you want it to play loud and clear with no distortion, you should invest in external amp with its own power supply. And get some better speakers while you're at it. Those full range 2" drivers can only reproduce so much...

If the USB port that the cable is plugged into is current limited to 500ma, like most computers, 1w/ch is about the max you can expect. You will not get more amperage out of a USB-C cable than the source can provide.
I just tested the USB-C port on my laptop - it can deliver 2.5A before voltage starts tanking.

BTW, those USB-C speakers don't have to be plugged into the laptop's USB-C port. They can be plugged into a USB-C capable wall charger instead.

Last edited:
They look like nice little speakers! I’m going to be buying a desktop soon and have a setup so I may have to get these!

The amplifier in USB powered speakers is only capable of about 1 watt per channel, max.
Probably closer to 2.5w per channel maybe 5 with type c connection. The newer technology in dsp, digital amps and op amps is amazing.

1-2.5watts is loud at 90db especially when the drivers are 3 feet away. Speakers in a restaurant, supermarket, doctors office, big box stores are usually tapped in the range of .25-5watts.

While these tiny add on speakers are great, it's amazing what you can put together on the cheap. My current shop system consists of:

1x Pair Polk RT25i bookshelf speakers ($35 on FB Marketplace in mint condition)
1x SUCA Audio 160W x2 stereo amplifier - SUCA Audio 160W x2 amplifier
1x Old Sony subwoofer that used to be part of a 5.1 in-a-box system. Picked it up for $7.99 at GW.

For about $130 I've pieced together a system that can fill a huge 6 bay shop with crisp, clear audio. Never forget second hand gems!

Do you hear any hiss from the speakers (when nothing is playing) when using this amp?

Granted, this would be irrelevant in a garage/shop application. I'm just wondering if hiss would be audible if used with desktop speakers - quiet environment, speakers close to ears.

I have not noticed any hiss, however I've never had it in a super-quiet environment so don't hold me to it!

there are NO rules for advertising speaker power!! claims are made but at WHAT level of distortion! being older + years of noisey-loud building construction took its toll, but my newest HP with top "firing" speaker beats the others i have used + for great sound i bought M Audio AV30's years ago about $150 for 15 watts ea internal amps they sound great + give good volume, they are 7.5 tall, 5.5 wide, 6 deep, use house power + have a volume knob as well as control by your computer speaker output + since todays thin LED TV's sound STINKS i got a panasonic speaker bar that uses house power + plugs into my panasonic TV, great sound + volume for listening to 50's on 5 on dish nerwork, rock on with Chuck B + Fats D the music i LOVE!!!

I use a set of Mackie 4's, (4 inch woofer). The CR-X models. They are fairly large, came with the dampening pads to sit on keeping vibration down and, they ROCK! And, no low level volume hiss.
When the wife is gone, I rock out!
Ordered from Amazon. Great speakers.

after a lot of reading i opted for audio engines A5+. their factory outlet site showed up!! an open box black set was $278 del!! i did NOT want anything techie or bluetooth, KISS keep it simple stupid!! my old M-Audios are pretty good + newest ones are $99 BUT i wanted better + i like it loud while enjoying the Danish National Symphonys music Gong linked a while ago, ennio morricones tunes NEVER sounder so good!! the HM Royal Marines are almost as good as well!!

I like the Logitech set I purchased a few years ago. Wife has similar set for her laptop and also has no complaints.
I have small Logitech speakers on my Desktop Monitor. I like them better than the Dell soundbar I used to have. Good enough for the news, YouTube, and an occasional movie on the side. My headphones are way better, though I can't hear my cats or my wife sneaking up on me.

No highs definitely no lows and they’re not even Bose lol. They sound ok for YouTube how to videos or just background office space music.

Attachments

• IMG_3484.jpeg
    IMG_3484.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 7
received my black A-5's from their factory outlet + they are GREAT!! prolly more than some listeners want BUT their clear clean volume suite ME, no backround or unwanted noise + i am hearing sounds i did not on my older cheap basic M Audio speakers!! love the Danish Symphony Orchestra as well as the HM Royal Marines versions of ennio Morricone's of the Clint Eastwood movie music as well as great Steel Guitar versions of many great instrumental favorites

audio engines have many options for less in the factory outlet, mine were delivered promptly + looked totally NEW, great sound with NO unwanted backround noise!!

I agree with Quatro. While these work pretty well on a desktop setup, I doubt that they will offer any improvement over TV's built in speakers.
This. Usb doesn't provide enough power to get speakers loud and clear from a distance

Back