PP Euro LX 0w30 - 9,389 Miles - '18 Giulia w/ 2.0T

Status
Not open for further replies.
UOA number 2 for the Alfa. Everything is looking great so far. This definitely shows that the previous fill was not PP Euro like the dealer stated but instead it was likely filled with Mopar MaxPro+. I've not seen another Alfa owner perform a UOA with that oil yet so can't say that's 100% the case.

0 - 1,900 - Petronas Selenia Digitek Pure Energy 0w30
1,900 - 9,699 - Unknown Syn 0w30
9,699 - 19,088 - PP Euro LX
19,088 - Present - PP Euro LX

[Linked Image]

Agreed I'd expect the iron and copper to be significantly reduced next time around. Good to see a 10k UOA on Pennzoil LX, it looks good strong TBN too but viscosity is thinner than I'd expect for a Euro oil that starts out nearly a 40 grade. Think maybe Blackstone is missing some fuel dilution? They are known to be less than stellar at detecting it for some reason.

Those wear numbers are at the Blackstone Averages, so, no they probably won't go down much. Its the engine design. Not a low-iron-shedding Toyota engine here.

The oil from 4/18/2019 was not an LSPI-resistant SN+ or dexos1, that's for sure. High calcium. Sheared down a lot to 8.16.
I like the idea of switching to Euro LX, its too thick really (HTHS high) but that will help protect it when driving it hard, more confidence there.

Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
The previous oil looks like Mopar MaxPro xw20: http://pqiadata.org/Mopar_MaxPro_5W20.html
No the boron amount is off. Besides, it would be expected for this high-revving, newly machined bearing surfaces with asperities to mechanically shear the living daylights out of a high VII 0w-30 that doesn't perform to German strict Kurt Orbahn specs.

Originally Posted by paoester
Originally Posted by CharlieBauer
The previous oil looks like Mopar MaxPro xw20: http://pqiadata.org/Mopar_MaxPro_5W20.html
No the boron amount is off. Besides, it would be expected for this high-revving, newly machined bearing surfaces with asperities to mechanically shear the living daylights out of a high VII 0w-30 that doesn't perform to German strict Kurt Orbahn specs.

Boron is off but everything else is very similar.

Those wear numbers are at the Blackstone Averages, so, no they probably won't go down much. Its the engine design.

I'm not entirely sure of that. While it certainly might be the case, these engines are still relatively new here in the states and there haven't been a lot of UOAs done on them. Those that have been done, have been done on low mile engines. With all this being said, I'm not concerned in the least.

The oil from 4/18/2019 was not an LSPI-resistant SN+ or dexos1, that's for sure.

Funny enough, the oil from the 4/18 sample which was the oil used (per the invoice) by the dealer for the first freebie is Mopar MaxPro+ which is SN + rated.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Joe_Cena
Pennzoil is not a good oil. The amount of iron clearly shows it.

[Linked Image]

And it is loud too … and it does not feel smooth … and it did not lower my taxes … and …

Originally Posted by RamFan

[Linked Image]

Yyyaassssss

[Linked Image]

This wasn't a good post and this clearly shows it.

Since the universal average seems to be based around 7200 miles and this was a 9389 miles oci, I'd say these are pretty good results! Especially since there may be some lingering break in materials.

Originally Posted by jbutch
Since the universal average seems to be based around 7200 miles and this was a 9389 miles oci, I'd say these are pretty good results! Especially since there may be some lingering break in materials.
The point was made on a previous post that this engine is "new" so Blackstone Universal Averages have been heavily weighted by new owners with new engines, raising the iron ppm average. Sounds like its about right.

So you're that "anti Pennzoil" guy that used to post here under another user name?

My feeling it's a high strung Turbo so expect near a VHO 4.2L V8 wear rates. This is not a Honda 1.8 NA motor.
The FE, AL # will come down a little bit more and level off at next UOA/OCI i would guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back