post your latest transmission lubricant change.

Originally Posted by mrdctaylor
Good man. It will last you a long time. I put WS in my 2012 Highlander. I just did my 3rd d/f at around 99k miles. I'll probably do it every 50K now.

I'm going to stick to my 30K schedule. I've been doing that for all the vehicles I've had and never had a trans issue (except for that pile of garbage A604 trans I had in a '90 Dodge). Since my Rav4 still has an old school dipstick it takes about 15 minutes with the Mityvac evacuator to suck out 4 qts.

2012 MB C250, 7-spd automatic.

79,729 miles.

Used 8.5L of Pentosin ATF134FE fluid. The torque converter was drained and the filter was also replaced.

The dealer last performed a trans service at 48K, but as usual, did not drain the torque converter.

For some reason, the used fluid was brown-ish. I was a little surprised since it received a service 30K ago.

45F025A8-07CB-47B7-A904-C4B387F5D69E.jpeg

62A6A27C-6026-4271-94A8-CA45021E8540.jpeg

DF4FE42A-5917-41FB-B54F-A6084631ABE5.jpeg

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Kibitoshin:

Did it smooth out the trans?
What is your truck's mileage?
What is your change interval?

Didn't really change the shift feel. 1-2 shift is much more firm but that's due to the vette servo mod.
Have 161,000mi on the truck still original trans.
Drain/Fill interval is every 30,000mi. I like to keep the fluid fresh rather then letting it get completely bad and having to do a full exchange.

Last edited:
2015 Ford Expedition 6r80 transmission, ~30k Miles
Out: 5.5 quarts Mercon LV
IN: 9 quarts Mercon LV (still under the power train warranty)

I changed the filter and changed the pan to a B&M - which added ~3.5 quarts capacity.
My SUV has a transmission temperature gauge and normal operating temperature on the highway at 80mph dropped ~11 degrees, from 203 degrees to 192.

Last edited:
Changed ATF at a 30K OCI in the 2017 Fusion.

Out: 3.5 qts of MC LV

In: 3.6 qts of Valvoline Max Life LV.

Last edited:
Just did a fluid exchange on my 1993 GMC 1500 rez truck, 4L60E. About 372,000km. Out came some of the nastiest ATF I have seen. Not burnt smelling but nasty none the less. Unsure if this is FF or what. In went 10 liters of Co-op Sonic ATF group 2 based Dex 3. That wasn't enough so I tossed in 1.5 quarts of Amsoil LV ATF and half a liter of PetroCan Duradrive to top it off. Should have bought more Dex 3 but I don't really care. The trans was not slipping near as much after a lengthy test drive and if it continues to improve or does not implode I will do a filter change..... maybe. It still needs an output shaft seal and will check to see if the bushing is tight.

1993 GMC trans fluid.jpg

1993 GMC trans fluid 2.jpg

'01 Mercury Grand Marquis with a built 4R70W, including a 10" torque converter with 2,500 stall and a porous aluminum with extra capacity.

Type of service: Drain and refill
Out: 7 quarts of Motorcraft Mercon V with LubeGard Red
In: 6.5 quarts of Motorcraft Mercon V with a pint of LubeGard Red

2010 Altima V6

45,500 miles

Drain/refill with 4.2 qt of Genuine Nissan NS-2.

Did the first drain/refill at 29K. I plan to do one every 15K.

Last edited:
Red 91, I will grab a few photos later today. She is a looker that's for sure!! I will even include some of the wired up exhaust. True duals with a mix of copper ground wire and some other random material for rear exhaust hangers. I must say that I love having a beater. When I do dump runs, if I get to close to the pit and she slips in well I will pull the plate and walk home.

I've had a 91 GMC stepside and currently drive an 89 Chevy 1500, both daily drivers/beaters. Hard to beat a beat up GMT 400. I got some supertech 20/50 in the Chevy now. Saw your oil change post over in pcmo and in respect to the fram, I'll say this: when I had my roadmaster wagon(5.7 tbi) the oil filters that didnt have adbv issues were a tough guard tg5 and an extra guard ph5. Well, the tg did start to fail towards the end of the run, but it still lasted longer without failure.

2005 and 2000 Ford Taurus's. Vacuumed approx 6 quarts each with my Flo N Go vacuum extractor which uses a shop vac as a source of vacuum with a 3/8 inch plastic tube through the transmission dipstick hole. Filled with Castrol Mercon V. Plan to do it every year, it was so easy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
2005 and 2000 Ford Taurus's. Vacuumed approx 6 quarts each with my Flo N Go vacuum extractor which uses a shop vac as a source of vacuum with a 3/8 inch plastic tube through the transmission dipstick hole. Filled with Castrol Mercon V. Plan to do it every year, it was so easy.

interested in getting one since the F150 6R80 can be difficult

https://www.amazon.com/Flongo-09644-Fluid-Extraction-System/dp/B00GZKRI3G

Last edited:
2012 Nissan Frontier, 89 000 km, Valvoline Maxlife Dex/Merc.
Sucked out through dipstick and then changed the XG8A spin-on filter I added a few years ago. 5 litres total.

Last change was a full flush of 12 litres of Matic S at 45 000km.
May do another drain and fill in a few weeks or might just wait till next fall.

Back