post your latest transmission lubricant change.

Originally Posted by spasm3
13 elantra. Maxlife in will dump and change again this saturday. Takes a while to fill this trans.

Remove one of the cooler lines and allow the trans to vent. It will fit quickly. These transmissions are not vented.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Originally Posted by spasm3
13 elantra. Maxlife in will dump and change again this saturday. Takes a while to fill this trans.

Remove one of the cooler lines and allow the trans to vent. It will fit quickly. These transmissions are not vented.

Hey thanks! i will try that ! I could hear it bubbling and could only add about 5 oz at a time. I'd doing another dump and fill this weekend and i'll try it.

'08 Chevy Express Van
65,225 Miles First Drain and Filter Change
Out: 6 Quarts Dexron VI
In: 6 Quarts Royal Purple Max ATF

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Greggy_D
2017 Ford Fusion 1.5L
24,944 miles
Drain and Fill 4 qts
Mag1 LV (licensed by Ford)

Your smart to do it now .

2017 Explorer 2.3 EB, 6F35 transmission
32,717 total miles
10,000 miles on ATF
Drain & fill 4 qts
Mercon LV
This was the second D&F after the factory fill. Will now go to 20,000 mile D&F's
Did low mileage D&F's to get the initial wear particles out. The magnet was totally clean this time.

Whimsey

Originally Posted by Kjmack

Because of the upcoming winter or just to change it out early?
grin.gif

I'm going to do it every 10k oil change. It's only $20 or so for the 4 qts of Mag1 and that is cheap insurance. I also changed my oil today and drained both at the same time. Didn't really add much time at all to the oil change. The most time-consuming process is taking off and putting back on that [censored] shield.

Forgot to add.....this is the 6F35 trans.

Just did the transmission fluid in my 2002 Dodge Dakota 3.9 with 178k miles.

Out: Supertech ATF+4 and can't remember internal filter. External filter was Fram Ultra XG8A

In:. Castrol ATF+4 and Pronto internal filter. External filter is a Frame PH977A.

I think the old fluid had about a year and 10k miles on it. Filter had a few years in it as I have a drain plug on the pan and simply did a fluid swap the last couple times. Got a decent deal on Amazon for the Castrol fluid. No change in shifts that I can tell.

- 2015 Focus 1.0 EcoBoost - Getrag 6 speed manual
- 60,000 miles. Last was at 30,000 miles
- I used Motorcraft Dual Clutch Transmision fluid as the owner's manual specifies. XT-11-QDC. It take right around 2 quarts. Previous was the same fluid ( super expensive stuff)

Originally Posted by Greggy_D
Originally Posted by Kjmack

Because of the upcoming winter or just to change it out early?
grin.gif

I'm going to do it every 10k oil change. It's only $20 or so for the 4 qts of Mag1 and that is cheap insurance. I also changed my oil today and drained both at the same time. Didn't really add much time at all to the oil change. The most time-consuming process is taking off and putting back on that [censored] shield.

Forgot to add.....this is the 6F35 trans.

Unless you have a very severe duty schdule 10K ATF changes is not cheap insurance. 30K changes would be cheap insurance 10K is really increasing your opportunity to damage something while spending extra time and money doing it. While not preventing anything.

02 Silverado pan drop and refill.
5qts Maxlife, updated pan magnets, new EPC and shift solenoids. Reused old filter.

Best part that the 5qts fill came out exactly on the FULL HOT mark after driving around (trans temp at 180F.) Had to do a couple checks a couple days apart to make sure it didn't drop or rise.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by lzhome
'08 Chevy Express Van

Did it turn out ok? I've been hesitant to use RP Max ATF in my Escape since it originally specced a low viscosity fluid, and while the back of the bottle states not to use it in Mercon LV applications, their tech support said it would work fine.

Originally Posted by dogememe
Originally Posted by lzhome
'08 Chevy Express Van

Did it turn out ok? I've been hesitant to use RP Max ATF in my Escape since it originally specced a low viscosity fluid, and while the back of the bottle states not to use it in Mercon LV applications, their tech support said it would work fine.

No problems, smooth shifting, no leaks and now plan on putting Max ATF in my '16 RAM CTD.

Originally Posted by road_rascal
2012 Rav4 V6, 73K. Just did a second fluid evacuation (4 quarts) and refilled using Toyota WS.

Good man. It will last you a long time. I put WS in my 2012 Highlander. I just did my 3rd d/f at around 99k miles. I'll probably do it every 50K now.

Originally Posted by road_rascal
2012 Rav4 V6, 73K. Just did a second fluid evacuation (4 quarts) and refilled using Toyota WS.

Did you consider any other brand other than WS? Just curious because I was considering Maxlife but haven't decided yet.

Originally Posted by Corollaman
Did you consider any other brand other than WS? Just curious because I was considering Maxlife but haven't decided yet.

I bought a case of WS at local dealer for a decent price. Maxlife seems good (a lot of users on the Rav4 World forums like it). I don't tow very often and I drive 80% highway miles. I'm probably going to drop the pan and replace the filter at 100K and maybe I'll try Maxlife. But I still have 4 qts of WS so I'll probably stick to that.

Back