Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

9F68009D-F180-4D61-BC6F-75BC99FC7111.jpeg
Since Walmart discontinued the Castrol GTX 10W-40 and had it on major sale I cleaned up on it since I don’t want to pay auto parts store price for it. This is the oil I use in my truck and I will be upset when it’s gone because then I will have to pay $30 for it at the parts place

2017 Jeep Renegade 2.4
38,133 miles
10,233 miles on outgoing oil/filter
Out: Chevron Pro DS 0w20, Fram TG10060
In: Shell Rotella Gas Truck 0w20, Fram Titanium FS 10060
Planned OCI: OLM will decide. The light came on this time at about 10,100 miles.

Make up oil over the 10k run was about 1.5 quarts. Not bad with the 2.4 Multiair. They are known for their drinking problem.

View attachment 29240
My GF has that same car. It's amazing now much smoother sounding it is after a change. Not sure if you experience the same thing. That multiair is loud!

My GF has that same car. It's amazing now much smoother sounding it is after a change. Not sure if you experience the same thing. That multiair is loud!

Yes, I definitely perceive it to be slightly smoother/quieter, but the last oil, Chevron Pro DS, seemed to maintain the smoothness over the long haul a little better than what I think was Pennzoil Platinum before it.

I really like that little car, btw. It is a snow beast in the winter!

Yes, I definitely perceive it to be slightly smoother/quieter, but the last oil, Chevron Pro DS, seemed to maintain the smoothness over the long haul a little better than what I think was Pennzoil Platinum before it.

I really like that little car, btw. It is a snow beast in the winter!

Always wondered how good those little Jeep Renegade were in the snow.

3 jugs of 5qt Mobil Super High Mileage Synthetic Blend Motor Oil 5W-30, FL820S, FL400S and a ST16. It's been a year and half and over mileage on two vehicles.. oops.

Always wondered how good those little Jeep Renegade were in the snow.
I put some really good tires on it, which helps, but they have a neat 4wd system. There is no low range, but the center differential can lock which can get you out of some stucky situations better than when in AWD. It also has settings for snow, sand, etc, and they change the traction control programming a bit. It works well. We just keep it on "Auto" which keeps it front drive until slippage is detected. It works extremely well.

I'll look at the tires and see what they are, because I can't remember. They were made for the new RAV 4 which has some kind of trail edition that specs a slightly more aggressive AT tread. They are just a perfect match for this car. One thing I love about it is the head and leg room. It is vastly greater than my JL Wrangler and more than I need. Not many cars have more head/leg room than a 6'5" tall guy can use! Lol!

Got the new SP/GF-6 rated Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30 High Mileage, $24.37 at Wal-Mart.

Going to run it for 20k in my 3.0 Ranger with either a Fram Ultra or a Bosch Distance Plus. Will post UOA afterwards, expect that early next year.

Renegade is based on FIAT Panda.
Old Panda was darling of snow patrols in Europe. This one is far from old Panda, but there is a lot of cultural transfer from old one to new one.
When you say Europe, you do understand there’s a lot of independent countries right? And most of the countries have their own manufacturing? Originally from Europe myself, I’ve never ever heard or seen a capable fiat 4x4 or “a fiat for snow patrol”, maybe that’s something from 80s somewhere in Italy? What’s even the definition of the “snow patrol”?

Back