Post your latest oil change

RazorsEdge, have you noticed that Fram FPS filters don't seem to be around much now?
After Tenneco sold the FRAM brand in early 2019 to First Brands (formerly Trico Group). Fiest Brands Group discontinued the Pro Series line within the Fram lineup. We may never see the FPS line again. Especially since First Brands seems to be buying up as many filter companies/subsidiaries as possible (Fram, Champ labs).

After Tenneco sold the FRAM brand in early 2019 to First Brands (formerly Trico Group). Fiest Brands Group discontinued the Pro Series line within the Fram lineup. We may never see the FPS line again. Especially since First Brands seems to be buying up as many filter companies/subsidiaries as possible (Fram, Champ labs).

Good information. Thank you.

2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 2.0 Beta II 173,677km

Out: Royal Purple 5W30 Synthetic and Champion COS3593A

In: Mobil 1 AFE 0W30 Synthetic and Fram FPS3593A (Ultra Pro Series)

Changed after 6,788km and one year.

05 GMC Sierra 4.3 liter 135,880 miles. Dipstick black. Last oil change around 3,000 miles ago.

In just before drain: 1 quart of Motor Medic, let idle for 10-15 minutes and drained overnight.

In: About 4 quarts of various weight and brands of synthetic oil and cheap filter I had on hand. Drove around for about 30 minutes and drained.

In: 4.5 quarts combination of 5W 30 Mobil 1 high mileage/extended drain, bottle of LiquiMoly M0S2, and Mobil 1 M104 filter.

2012 Honda Odyssey
112, 874 miles
5K OCI

Out: QSUD 0W20 + STP 6607XL
In:
20200925_125656.jpg

2008 Ford Fusion 2.3 L4

164,217 miles on the clock.

6,022.6 miles on oil change and about 225 hours.

Out: Amsoil OE 5W-20 and Motorcraft FL910S Spin On Filter

In: Castrol Magnatec 5W-20 and Motorcraft FL910S Spin On Filter.

This car I personally did the spin on filter modification between 75,000 and 80,000 miles. Got tired of the cartridge filters twisting and the plastic filter caps breaking.

This vehicle has ran almost every oil out there in 5W-20 and runs the absolute best on Amsoil but I’m currently out of my Amsoil and it had to be changed cause it’s my only weekend off for the month and I work 7 days a week leaving me no time to do it besides today. I have a stock of Castrol Magnatec and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum that I’m going to use for the winter time and run the Amsoil in it after it’s all gone.

2014 Ford Focus SE with 37,415 on the odometer and 7,201 on this OCI. This is about a 1 year OCI.

In - 4.6 quarts of Mobil 1 5W-20 I had left over from some other oil changes and a Motorcraft FL 910S filter

Out - Pretty sure this was also the same Mobil 1 5W-20 from a prior Costco purchase and a Motorcraft FL 910S filter

I am now all out of Mobil 1 and have quite a stash of the Shell Full Syn Truck 5w-20 that I purchased on clearance recently and a bunch of Magnetec 0W-20 that was also purchased on clearance from WM. Though that stash should last a few years, I think when that is gone I'll start buying the Kirkland FS oil when on sale.

2008 Ford Fusion 2.3 L4

164,217 miles on the clock.

6,022.6 miles on oil change and about 225 hours.

Out: Amsoil OE 5W-20 and Motorcraft FL910S Spin On Filter

In: Castrol Magnatec 5W-20 and Motorcraft FL910S Spin On Filter.

This car I personally did the spin on filter modification between 75,000 and 80,000 miles. Got tired of the cartridge filters twisting and the plastic filter caps breaking.

This vehicle has ran almost every oil out there in 5W-20 and runs the absolute best on Amsoil but I’m currently out of my Amsoil and it had to be changed cause it’s my only weekend off for the month and I work 7 days a week leaving me no time to do it besides today. I have a stock of Castrol Magnatec and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum that I’m going to use for the winter time and run the Amsoil in it after it’s all gone.

Oh boy does it keep piling on! Went to change the belt on the car and the belt tensioner bolt snapped off!!! Grrrr!!! Now I gotta take it to a shop next week to have it fixed cause I don’t have the tools to fix it! So angry right now!

Last edited:
2015 Tacoma 4.0L
Out Amsoil SS 5W30 factory filter
In the same. Switching back to Mobil One after this change. Also took out the AFE air filter for a regular filter.

2002 Corvette Z06
Car has been sitting for over 2 years since I removed the supercharger and fixed lots of issues. Back to heads/cam for road racing.

Out -
Oil: Rotella T6 5w40
Filter: Fram Ultra XG3506

In -
Oil: Pennzoil Euro L 5w30
Filter: Fram Ultra XG3506

Back