Post Your Latest Coolant Change.

Nice mileage on the 4.0.

Had to r and r the water pump on my 88 300e(failed bearing)... Therefor.

Drained the radiator and block.
R and R water pump, thermo, and one hose.
3 tap water flushes.
In with a 40/60 mix of O'reillys all makes 5 year coolant, and distilled water. No leaks found.

2001 Jeep Cherokee with the old school I-6 4.0L

Complete cooling system rebuild (new radiator, water pump, thermostat, cap, hoses, etc).

In: Zerex Original Green

Out: Same, but 2 yrs old

78,000 miles, but over heating lately.

1988 BMW 325i convertible

out: some unknown old green stuff
in: Xerex original green

changed after replacing water pump and timing belt

Last month on the wifes impala w/89k on it.
Out- dexcool (it was replaced once at dealership with new water pump).
IN- prestone

This week my Grand Marquis w/ 48k
Out- factory fill
In- prestone

Upcoming this Fall. I do all my maintenance in the Fall and Spring,down here. It's Hott!!!

99 f150 4.6- Service pro green
2000 F350 7.3 PSD CAT HD Coolant
07 F150 5.4 Zerex G-05

All coolant and coolant filters changed before summer

Here's my last 2 coolant changes:

2005 Sienna---
Used Toyota pink 50/50 from the dealer. Just a drain and fill.

1996 Yukon. Replaced water pump and hoses. Used conventional green. Already had converted it over to conventional green 2.5 years ago. I'm not a big dex-cool fan. Way too many LIMG issues over the years when they first went to dex-cool.

'86 Mazda B2000, 212,5XX miles

Out: Prestone after who knows how many miles but about 6-7 years
In: Prestone Concentrate and distilled water

I'm actually in the process of flushing now. I dumped the original, filled with water and got to operating temperature, shut-down and dumped. Poured in Prestone Flush(sodium bicarbonate) and filled with water. Drove 4 miles roundtrip to circulate, shut-down for the night, got up this morning, drove to work(36 miles), dumped mostly water in grass and have now filled with distilled water. I will dump once more at home tonight and fill with the Prestone Concentrate and top off with distilled water.

The first dump was kinda of murky, but the subsequent flushes have been cleaner and cleaner. Now "clean" water dumps out. Gonna fill with Prestone now.

The truck will not be driven as much in the coming months with the company fleet vehicle coming to my garage. I wanted to set her up right for the hibernation. It also got fresh Amsoil GL-4 Manual Transmission Fluid yesterday and will get fresh Amsoil GL-5 Gear Oil tonight. The Rotella T6 5W40 went in just over 2 weeks ago, so I feel everything will be "better" to set on compared to what was in it.

2000 Lexus GS300 89,560 miles.

Out: Factory Fill (Toyota red, i assume?)
In: Zerex Asian Vehicle Coolant 7.2 quarts.

Even after 90K miles, the entire cooling system looked clean enough to eat off of.

1989 BMW 325i - 3 weeks ago

Had green coolant.. but that was drained in April when I did the timing belt. Tap water was used then until now.

I first ran 1/3 of a box of baking soda through (poured in through expansion tank). Ran around for 20 minutes and then came home and changed. Tap water went in again, 15 minute drive, then that was changed.

Car got BMW antifreeze (1 gallon) & distilled water in a 50/50 ratio (with about 16 ounces of additional distilled water)

This BMW antifreeze is THE BEST one can buy in the states.. nothing else like it. $21 a gallon

1970 F100 390:

-1 gallon Autozone Green
-1.3 gallons distilled water
-1 bottle RL water wetter

Also changed t-stat and hoses. Old fluid looked nasty.

Put temp gauge in at same time.

I just changed my Camry's radiator (Koyo), upper and lower hoses, superstat thermostat, AT rubber hoses and of course-the coolant.

I removed all the coolant by inserting a tap water hose to the upper rad hose through the engine-going out to the thermostat opening. I flushed the coolant until it's clear, then I poured the 50/50 Peak Global to the same hose until the clear water changed into yellow (meaning coolant). Then I continued to pour about another quart to make sure all the water is out.

I will do the same procedure to my Civic this weekend with Toyo rad, Honda thermostat and rad cap, upper and lower hoses and Peak Global antifreeze.

Last edited:
2006 Pontiac GTO, 6.0L.

41,973 miles

Out: Original Death-cool flushed, 6 1/2 years old

In: Safety-Kleen Khamelion

2001 BMW 325i (Manual, Sport, European Model)

60/40 blend of distilled water to BMW Coolant
1 bottle of Redline Water Wetter

2005 Acura MDX

2 gallons of Honda Type 2 "blue" antifreeze...premixed 50/50. There is the obvious radiator drain and Honda also provides an easy-to-use engine block drain. About 1 gallon comes out of each drain port. Old coolant (factory fill, about 7 years and 76k miles) looked like new. Very blue, no flakes, no dirt.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
2005 Acura MDX
....There is the obvious radiator drain and Honda also provides an easy-to-use engine block drain....

It's nice that it's that way on the 05 MDX, because it's a pita on an 01 Civic. It's above and slightly to the side of the oil filter (cabin side of engine), and I've read it's a knuckle buster to try and break free. Quite frankly for me, not worth the effort. Not sure where it/they are on 07 Accord 3.0L, but I'm likely going with full strength PGL, or Motorcraft Specialty if I can find for a price similar to PGL. Though likely the timing belt/waper pump service will need to be done at same time on the 3.0L, so not a huge issue first time.

2006 Ford Freestyle, 43,000 miles. FF flushed and replaced by dealer with Ford antifreeze.

2007 Chevy Cobalt, 62,000 miles out with FF Dex Cool, flushed and replaced with Prestone Dex Cool.

2009 Caddy CTS, built in 08, dealer flushed FF Dex Cool and replaced with Dex Cool. I know this was overkill but now its easier to keep track of all 3 cars. I intend to do them every 3 years.

All 3 done in the last month.

Back