Possible GPU upgrades

You may have a faulty card. Download Furmark, TimeSpy and Heaven benchmarks and run them at max resolution and settings to stress your GPU. See if it still artifacts. If it misbehaves, RMA it ASAP.
I ran furmark since it was free. Absolutely no issues. I ran it for 20 minutes. I'll do some more digging today. I am a Best Buy total member so I'll take it to them eventually if I can't figure it out.

do you run 2 monitors or 1?
try running on 1 monitor(disconnect any others) and forcing 60hz refresh.
otherwise I know its unhelpful but I went team green for this reason.
at the time a 7900xt was same price with more "power" and 20GB ram vs 12 of my 4070ti

I'd imagine its a setting somewhere but team red has frustrated me in the past.

try enabling vsync and see if that changes anything.

Last edited:
Diagonal tearing sounds like a monitor refresh rate sync issue.
Make sure you have the Radeon Enhanced Sync turn on and if your monitor supports AMD FreeSync, turn that on as well.

I would not turn on the in game vsync as it just adds lag and reduces FPS. As a test, sure, but not permanently.

Radeon.JPG

Radeon 2.JPG

Last edited:
So I took it in to Best Buy after I tried to update the CPU driver and bricked the PC. They got that undone and they reinstalled the GPU drivers and updated my BIOS. None of that improved the issue.

He told me to RMA it, saying it's faulty/dying.

Anybody have experience with RMA through Sapphire?

Doesn’t Best Buy have a return/exchange policy for this? I’m sure you’re still within the return window. You use RMA once you’re outside the return window of the vendor you bought it from.

In fact Best Buy should’ve given you a new card right then and there. No wonder this stores are struggling, their customer service is terrible.

Last edited:
Doesn’t Best Buy have a return/exchange policy for this? I’m sure you’re still within the return window. You use RMA once you’re outside the return window of the vendor you bought it from.

In fact Best Buy should’ve given you a new card right then and there. No wonder this stores are struggling, their customer service is terrible.
I bought it from Amazon. I am a “total” member with Best Buy which gives me free tech support/diagnosis at their geek squad facilities. They will work on pretty much anything for me whether I bought it from them or not. It only costs me money for the price of any new parts.

My 6800XT was DOA and had to RMA it through Newegg. They were easy to work with and had a fast turn around.

They didn't have my exact GPU on hand either. After speaking with them, they gave me a $20 gift card to cover the difference of another brand's card and shipped it that day.

My 6800XT was DOA and had to RMA it through Newegg. They were easy to work with and had a fast turn around.

They didn't have my exact GPU on hand either. After speaking with them, they gave me a $20 gift card to cover the difference of another brand's card and shipped it that day.
I found it at micro center. It's too far for me but my friend is picking it up and getting it to me at work tomorrow. Micro center is actually cheaper than Amazon this time too.

I found it at micro center. It's too far for me but my friend is picking it up and getting it to me at work tomorrow. Micro center is actually cheaper than Amazon this time too.
Microcenter tends to have good prices on the big ticket items, because they get a lot of people to buy their entire build there, and their prices on RAM, SSDs, cases, and all the other little odds and ends aren't the cheapest so they make up for the cheap GPUs and MB combos with the other stuff.

Good thing you found it.
I would follow this process of first uninstalling whatever the current drivers are (even if they are AMD) and then installing AMD Adrenalin Software. It's best to have no display drivers at all.

It's using the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Now I'm not sure how effective the DDU software is at preventing win10 from automatically downloading the display drivers because I always enable the airplane mode to prevent that.

Back