Porsche Transaxle Fluid Label

Interesting label including an allergy warning on a bottle of Porsche transaxle fluid. I cant recall ever seeing this detail on the other oils I've used. Wonder if it a European regulation and it appears they may use the same botte globally? Olefin sulphides, phosphoric acid ester ammonia salts...

This is for our 996 and 986. Currently have Redline in the 996 and am not that happy. Apparently the transaxles in these are very particular about their fluids w/ the OE fluid being preferred by many if not most, certainly on the Porsche forums. I've always had great experiences with Redline, but in this one case it may not be ideal.

Can't get pic oriented properly...

[Linked Image]

We have used Amsoil Severe Gear in ours and the shifting is terrific. We have tried all of them over the years. We race a 996 Cup car and use the 75w110 in that one...Drain and refill every 5-6 hours..Was running Delvac 75w90 and after a few hours shifting was notchy...Amsoil fixed that. Just my experience.

Last edited:
I never had a good experience with Redline manual trans fluids on many Euro cars, most were darn near a no 1-2 shifting under 30f.

SWEPCO works best in the older pre-1987 915 transmissions...synthetics are better in the newer boxes.

Back