Poor Kia Rio got smacked by a truck.

My Kia Rio got hit by a Ford f150 and did damages to the front bumper cover, and knocked it out of alignment and messed up the whole steering and CV joints. Wasn't at fault and the insurance is taking care of the repairs. Nothing leaking and no frame damages. Had to get her towed. Got a Hyundai Tucson rental as a stopgap.

Sorry to hear about this.

Check with the insurance company how long they will cover unusual wear on CV joints and other bushings. Have an alignment done a month or so after getting it back, have them look over everything with an eye towards extending your claim.

Check and see if your state has a "diminished value" statute. Even if your car is repaired, you technically have to disclose if it's been in a serious accident when you go to sell it and that reduces what you can get. In some states insurance is liable for that as well as the repairs.

Request a check for diminished value of your car. It likely won’t be much, but itll be something. I did this both time I was hit and both times they cut me a check.

Went to sell our old car.. come to find out, Carfax lists it as having two "accidents" (no idea what they are since they did not happen under my ownership) and offered us next to nothing for the car.

Keep that car for life.

Insurance totaled it, but I bought it back for salvage. It's getting fixed as I type.

Attachments

• 1601001542277~2.jpg
    1601001542277~2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 78
I ordered a new bumper cover and I'll color match it myself. The car will be safely back on the road by this weekend. I'll have pics when i get the cover back on. Until then doing a rad fluid change looks very easy with the petcock exposed.

The good news it's running fine and back on the road. The bad it's got a different color bumper. AutoZone did not have matching paint, so I just got as close to it as I could. Also the grill doesn't want to go in the new cover and have to find a side marker somewhere as nobody sells it online. And the lower airbox was dangling so I used some jb weld to fix it in place. I'm going to have to work on putting the grill in it's place and eventually either matching the color or just top coating the crap I did.

Back