PolishAngel - Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a bottle of this and tried it on the Subaru. I somehow lost the before pics so I can't give you an idea of what it looked like prior to treatment. This stuff was $14.99 for 200ml. It goes a long way. I barely used any to cover the entire engine. It contains shampoo and oils. No water needed.

Pros - extremely easy to apply
cleans and protects
nice smell
leaves a beautiful matte finish

Cons - takes time due to no water use

I'm convinced that all water-based engine dressings last about the same, which isn't a long time. There is only one solution for protecting plastics with a product that will last over a year - Gyeon Trim. It's a ceramic coating for plastics. PimTac turned me on to it.

Going forward I'm perfectly fine with Meguiar's Hyper-Dressing. Far more easy to apply - spray and go. Done. Leaves a great finish at 4:1.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by gofast182
Beautiful uniform sheen. Please update us on how it holds up.

I definitely will. It was applied to a new engine with 2 miles on it. Durability is what I'm interested in. It goes on so easy. I like this stuff a lot.

I have to say though nothing is easier than Hyper Dressing:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

update on P Engine. I love the matte finish it leaves behind. I applied it to the door trim molding as well and it works great. It contains oils that apparently last a good 6 months I'm told. I'll have an updated photo later of the Subaru engine bay that I applied it to.

The only issue I have with this stuff is how long it would take to really clean a dirty engine. We've all seen an engine bay after a snow winter. It's almost white. The way you would tackle a job like that with Polish Engine is to spray liberally all over the engine and let it sit 2-5 minutes. Then use a brush and microfiber towel and wipe it down.

The other way of doing this job would be to hose off the engine carefully with a good degreaser like Simple Green HD, leaf blow dry, then apply Hyper-Dressing. I feel this is much more efficient. Polish Angle Engine is more for an exotic car like a Ferrari that you wouldnt want to take a hose to. However, if you maintain the engine on a weekly basis, you could use Polish Engine and keep up with it.

Here is my engine after 2.5 months of Hyper-Dressing with routine wipe downs with Meguiar's Quik Detaler, which is my go to to clean the interior. Works very well and leaves an OEM finish. I'm thought about trying Polish Angel Engine on the interior next but it will be hard to beat the Meguiar's look I feel.

Meg HD:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here is a 2 month update on the Subaru Engine bay with Polish Engine. Nothing spectacular here. It looks and smells FANTASTIC when you first apply it, but I noticed some spotting in the pictures. What do you think?

I believe there is little you can do to keep the engine clean other than routinely clean it and it ultimately doesn't matter what products you use. In fact, I think the best way is to hose off engine (or use the airless paint sprayer method), dry with leaf blower, then clean with Meguiar's Interior Quick cleaner. Then follow up with Hyper Dressing if you want a slight sheen (5:1).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It looks like the Polish Angel got wet not too long after being applied.

Spotting like that is either contamination or applying too heavily. You mentioned that you applied it sparingly so the other is a possibility.

I'm pretty sure it didn't get wet. If it did it was well after I applied it. I love the way it smells though I must say.

Hyper-Dressing at 5:1 is still my favorite. Once the engine is clean you spray it and walk away. It's hard to get to every area by hand using Polish Angel Engine.

I've barely used the Polish Engine as a little goes a long way.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Sorry but I thought this was about an adult film star from Poland.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back