PolishAngel - Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polish Angel has gotten good reviews but I did read in some other forums that supply was hit or miss. It's pricey as well.

It's a Frontier Buster. Not worth the effort.

21.gif
wink.gif

True, but if it does both jobs in one and it works, that's a plus. I'll use it on both cars.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Polish Angel has gotten good reviews but I did read in some other forums that supply was hit or miss. It's pricey as well.

Good to know. It's pricey for a Nissan and Subaru for sure.

That stuff costs $29.95 for a 500ml bottle. No thanks I bought a Gallon of Simple for $8 bucks, a Quart of Aerospace 303 fo $20 bucks and a bottle of dishwashing liquid for $2 or $3 bucks. So for about the same price I can clean, degrease and protect my engine bay, with stuff I already have and use all the time.

Originally Posted by Gimpy1
That stuff costs $29.95 for a 500ml bottle. No thanks I bought a Gallon of Simple for $8 bucks, a Quart of Aerospace 303 fo $20 bucks and a bottle of dishwashing liquid for $2 or $3 bucks. So for about the same price I can clean, degrease and protect my engine bay, with stuff I already have and use all the time.

thumbsup2.gif

I hear you and that's what I've been doing. I have a bottle of Sonus Motorkote coming and already have 303. Those two products I've always used. I use Simple Green HD for a degreaser. I'm going to purchase the airless paint sprayer and use that to clean the engine going forward.

I think so too.

I was just looking at PA Black Bond. Really expensive and overkill for my needs. However, I do like the detailed product description.

https://www.polishangel.us/collections/black-bond/products/polishangel-black-bond

POLISHANGEL® | BLACK BOND PLASTIC & RUBBER COATING is also formulated with orgnosilane, a compound that repels water and dirt away from the surface it coats. This thin coating forms a covalent bond with your trim to actually become an extension of the plastic molecule it is protecting. It is this ultra-thin coating that restores the "like new" levels of darkness without creating a greasy sheen.

Due to its unique formulation, Black Bond does not crystallize in towels. Therefore, towels can be washed a

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Interesting, but too rich for my blood.

Too rich for my blood and my Jurassic Park Nissan Frontier LOL

Originally Posted by buster
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Interesting, but too rich for my blood.

Too rich for my blood and my Jurassic Park Nissan Frontier LOL

thumbsup2.gif

The Sonus products are excellent and are often overlooked. Their new Eclipse spray looks good too.

PimTac, have you used Meguiars Hyper Dressing?

Maybe take a look at the Gtechniq product lineup?

Autogeek and Autopia carry their products.

I only tried a couple of products so far, Crystal C2V3 and the C4 Trim Restorer.

The C4 Trim Restoter is impressing me. On our Dad's 2006 Tundra, the plastic on the rear bumper and running boards was starting to fade. I could make it look good again by applying dressings and protectants. I tried 303, Optimum Opti-Bond, Blackfire Trim Restorer. They looked good until it rained or our Dad drove in the rain.

He told me to look for something that lasted longer than one month. I researched and read reviews, decided to try Gtechniq C4.
I applied it in May. I am impressed, it does not wash off in the rain like the dressings. Multiple rains now and driving through the rain, it looks like I just put it on, and the sun is not fading it either. Seriously impressive stuff.

The C2V3 is good too. Rain washes the dust off the paint, and it looks cleaner after.

Originally Posted by buster
The Sonus products are excellent and are often overlooked. Their new Eclipse spray looks good too.

PimTac, have you used Meguiars Hyper Dressing?

Nope.

Regarding the Gtechniq product line, another great choice. I understand they had some problems a few years back with certain products but they redid the formulations and I've heard nothing but good things since.

I tried the Gtechniq Iron Remover and it worked like a charm. Much better than the Sonax version which kind of surprised me. Even worked better than the Iron-X gel version. It was probably the cheapest type product on Amazon and worked the best for me. Would buy again. When I bought from Amazon it was fulfilled through Palm Bach Motoring which is Autogeek.net and it's subsidiaries.

MGHD

I went with Megiuar's HD. It gets the best reviews across the board for engine, trim and tires. Great value. It is water based so it won't hold up as well but it's so easy to use. Spray and walk away. That is what I'm looking for. There are so many products in the detailing arena that are questionable. With a gallon of HD, I can use 2 spray bottles for different dilution ratios for multiple applications - engine/wheels/trim. Done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back