Polish snow plow

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

Got traction?

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
THAT'S how you plow with a 2WD truck!!

That's my thought. I think I see wheel weights (?), and I'm guessing the tires have weight inside them too.

Seems a bit odd, but hey, I bet it was a fun project, and if it works, then all the better.

Originally Posted by Kira
Does this mean a funny looking tractor with little rear wheels is out there somewhere?

Don't know (for sure) if the above photo was Photoshopped or not, but some farm magazines have shown pictures of these for decades. It really wouldn't be that practical to own, but a lot of older tractors have a makeshift driveshaft going to the rear wheels, so it wouldn't be that hard to make.

Originally Posted by incognito_2u
Stil trying to figure what makes this a "Polish" snow plow........
confused2.gif

It goes back many decades, especially the 1950's through at least the 1970's. It's not considered PC these days.

Here's one article I find on the subject matter: https://culture.pl/en/article/the-anatomy-of-a-polish-joke

"Polish jokes (also known as Polack Jokes) are jokes based on negative stereotypes, usually told in English and meant to mock Poles, Polish culture or habits. Polish jokes are often variants of typical jokes like light bulb jokes (how many … does it take to screw in a light bulb?) or ‘walks into the bar' jokes, but because they have been told for about 40 years now, they have also wound up as their own unique stories, for example, deriding the Polish language and its abundance of consonants in comparison with English. Polish Jokes often use word ‘Polack' in a derogatory manner."

I was going to suggest that it looked more like an Upper Peninsula Yooper snow plow, but it is too new,clean, and comfortable to qualify:
[Linked Image from 4.bp.blogspot.com]

confused2.gif

More Redneck if nothing else.

Originally Posted by spk2000
That is great. Probably 2 non working vehicles resurrected

Two?

You mean somewhere there is the front half of a John Deere with the back half of a C20?

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
TOS VIOLATION !!! RACISM!!
grin2.gif

I'm first generation American, my parents are from Poland and this doesn't offend me one bit. My family is tall, good looking and we all make good money.

confused2.gif

Me too

Looking at the car and the house, picture is obviously in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back