Please title your posts with oil brand/visc, oil mileage and vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
When you guys post your UOAs in here, I think it's a good idea to title it with the following info in it:

Oil type with viscosity
Miles on the oil
Vehicle type with year and engine
Then in the analysis posting please list the
number of months the oil was in service and driving conditions (do you drive it hard or gentle?) and as much info as you can provide (air and oil filter, climate type, any recent mechanical work, etc.)

By putting the right info in the title, it allows for easier searching in the future, because if you just title it "My oil analysis" that makes it harder for us to find the UOA later on when we want to do a search based on oil type.

Thanks guys!

[ October 15, 2005, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Gary Allan ]

Also, now that the SM/GF4 formulation of oils are starting to show up, it would be appropriate to add this info to your UOAs as well so we know if the UOA is from a newer or older formulation of the oil you're using.

Also, make sure that the title of your post has the amount of miles on the oil, not on the vehicle. Some confusion has happened lately where the vehicle mileage was put in the title of the UOA. You can obviously list the total mileage on the vehicle/engine inside the post. But for the title, please make sure the miles you put down are for that actual OCI.

Another piece of info that is helpful is if you've got an oil life monitor that shows you the % of oil life left, include that percentage when you post your UOA. And I know most of you do this already, but make sure to include the number of miles on both the oil and overall on the engine in your UOA posting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back