Please Hijack this Thread

wwillson

Staff member
(borrowed in part from another forum I frequent)

...and stay on topic with the other threads you read, to those you contribute, and to those you subscribe to.

Like other threads, this one has no particular topic (for reference see the Off Topic Forum for threads such as Random Thoughts and Any Topic). Any topic is fair game.

The difference between this thread and other threads of random/off-topic nature is you should immediately come to this thread and add your off-topic comments and maybe even add a link to the thread to which you were about to write some unrelated, drivel that the OP doesn't care about.

Example 1)

OP: "How do I diagnose my car, it has such & such a problem. Or, should I trade it in?"

Respondent: "I had a similar problem with my car and I asked my neighbor to come over and help. Let me tell you about how crazy my neighbor's cousin is. He's always coming over and spouting about how some motor oil sludges engines."

If you are that person responding, you should instead, come to this thread and post your unrelated comments. It will do just a much good (or bad) and everyone else participating in the thread, and staying on topic, will be happy you stopped yourself from hijacking that thread.

This thread, on the other hand, is intended to be hijacked! Don't hijack other threads with your completely unrelated comments.

In the example above there is a tenuous connection between the OP and the respondent. The person responding can say (I guess they believe) their comment is pertinent since it involves a car.

How about the next example. We've all seen similar topics and comments and been the recipient of our threads being hijacked..

Example 2)

OP: "I'm considering buying a brand X vehicle. I'd like to hear from anyone who has brand X, specifically model Y with feature Z so I can decide if it suits my needs."

Respondent: "I can't believe that brand X still makes vehicles! They are complete garbage! I can't imagine why anyone would want model Y, that's old technology! Feature Z?! I have twice feature Z and it's much better!"

So if you're that person... I know I have been from time to time... Come on over hear and hijack this thread.

Last edited:
OP, sorry to hijack your thread, but I followed the link in your signature, and found some interesting stuff
Check out my Rving, Camping, Hiking forum: https://rvthe.us/community/ Please sign up if it's your thing.

Do you have to be a local to join up or do you welcome over-seas guests who enjoy reading travel stories ?

Yeah. I know what you mean, thread hijacking happens all the time and people should pay more attention to what they are typing and stay on topic. I mean geez.

By the way, I heard that Don Julio tequila makes the best margaritas. Anyone try it?

Your simply a FOOL for not buying a Toyota. Why would you wanna drive around in a junk FCA, VW, Audi, Mercedes, BMW knowing it will leave you stranded and cost you thousands annually to keep on the road?
I don't care if your significant other and you make over 300K a year, if that's the case, you should consider a Lexus with no turbo, no CVT, and make sure it has multi-port injection and drive it for 20 years/300K, whichever comes first as vehicles are a depreciating asset.

I stopped shaving at the beginning of the shutdown 4 weeks ago and my wife really hates the grubby look. I told her I would shave if she did........ (her legs of course, in case you had something else in mind,LOL).

Last edited by a moderator:
If the guy used Redline oil changed at 3,000 miles and used Fram filters their wouldn't be a problem with using FMJ 45 acp bullets either.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Your simply a FOOL for not buying a Toyota.
*You're

I think the best cure for grammar is school.

O/T...Did you see that the local school districts got $100 million for an expansion? What a crock!

Originally Posted by SR5
OP, sorry to hijack your thread, but I followed the link in your signature, and found some interesting stuff
Check out my Rving, Camping, Hiking forum: https://rvthe.us/community/ Please sign up if it's your thing.

Do you have to be a local to join up or do you welcome over-seas guests who enjoy reading travel stories ?

Anyone can join - many amazing things for all to enjoy.

You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.

Abraham Lincoln
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Originally Posted by doitmyself
I stopped shaving at the beginning of the shutdown 4 weeks ago and my wife really hates the grubby look. I told her I would shave if she did........ (her legs of course, in case you had something else in mind,LOL).
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

You really didn't mean her legs , did you?

FADEC, are you sure that Lincoln actually said that? Let's take a more cautious approach to internet quotes, favored by Honest Abe:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by FADEC
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.

Abraham Lincoln
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Don't forget the motto of the American non sequitur society.

We don't make sense, but we do like pizza.

How come there isn't any at the grocery store?

The Mr. Rogers documentary on amazon or Netflix should be watched by everyone. You are fine as you are is one message, and don't pick on people another. Lift them up.

Back