Please Hijack this Thread

Originally Posted by chainblu
Does this mean people are going to stop saying "Could care less"... which doesn't make any sense?

But if they took the time to type it out, they could in fact care less.

Originally Posted by paulri
FADEC, are you sure that Lincoln actually said that? Let's take a more cautious approach to internet quotes, favored by Honest Abe:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by FADEC
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.

Abraham Lincoln
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

honest Abe wouldn't lie about Toyotas.

I'm having an optical contusion looking at that Rubicon grill … like some of the slats are curved … or it could be memories of the beverage you mentioned. 🤪
Hi Wayne.

I'm not sure what the issue is with your car but I have a 2003 Accord that hesitates when it's shifting. I didn't know where to stick this so I thought I would override your thread with my issues.

Originally Posted by joegreen
I'm not sure what the issue is with your car but I have a 2003 Accord that hesitates when it's shifting. I didn't know where to stick this so I thought I would override your thread with my issues.

Did you check the gas cap?

Motor oil schmotoer oil. That's about all that people talk about here - and maybe PPE which really means personal carry!
Audio is a much bigger problem
The big issue is my Vintage Dahlquist M-907 monitor speakers need a LOT of current to power them, and I was going to get a QSC GX5 pro-sound reinforcemant amp with 700W rms with the Hitachi circuit output. That will allow me to get the Dalhquist out from the bedroom closet.

But I will need a preamp and I don't want to use my current one.

And good sounding ones are expensive and then the big problem is

Good interconnects will cost 1/2 as much as a good preamp!

I feel there is some continuing HI-Fi scam going on here!

Should I just build a simple unity gain 6BQ5 buffer amp into the power amp case with a volume pad ?

"off-piste".
First time I heard the phrase: Michael Schumacher's accident, in 2013.
I had to look it up to see what it means.
Several times since then I've used the phrase in conversation. Man, *nobody* understands what I'm saying.
I don't know in what social circles or part of the world that phrase is used in, but I'm sure it isn't used by anyone I know.

Originally Posted by spackard
"off-piste".
First time I heard the phrase: Michael Schumacher's accident, in 2013.
I had to look it up to see what it means.
Several times since then I've used the phrase in conversation. Man, *nobody* understands what I'm saying.
I don't know in what social circles or part of the world that phrase is used in, but I'm sure it isn't used by anyone I know.

Off-piste is French and used in skiing...

It means off the trail

Or, in this context, out of bounds.

Originally Posted by OilReport99
Would you run ACEA C3 in the Hemi 5.7?

Naw, just Rotella T4 10W30.

It's the universal oil. No need to use anything else - on anything.

Plus, I don't have a Hemi, and I don't care what them toothless truckers are running in them gas suckers.

Russ: What I really want to say is, a homeowners' association that wants to dictate everything I eat is no longer what we would think of as a homeowners' association. It's a--what'd you call it?

What do you call a group of people who live on their own and have really strict rules? Not a cult, but it's close to a cult. What's the word I'm looking for?

There's a word for it, when a group of people go off and live on their own under very strict rules, right? As a group. It will come to me later, maybe.

Mike: I think it's a sociology department. Wait--that's not right. No, never mind.

Anyone else notice much less junk mail in your mailbox during these CV days?

Surreptitiously chewing grape bubble gum under my yellow PPE mask, other's in the room comment on smelling a grape scent.
I nod and say- "I know it ! These yellow masks smell great."

Tomorrow, I'm switching to the blue PPE mask and banana bubble gum.

Last edited:
Back