Pivoting Line Wrench

I’m about to change the high pressure power steering lines on three GM trucks. I bought this pivoting Wrench for 18 mm and 16 mm so I had a better chance of the wrench being flat against the nut instead of cocked at an angle. From Gear Wrench through Amazon. Enjoy.

CE371FFC-A33F-4466-9066-897A4BCA38AF.jpeg

Reactions: JC1
Interesting. I’ve got regular line wrenches but for difficult access (which seems to be more common these days), I’ve got crowfoot line wrenches. Good ones, from SK.

They’re not cheap, but the good ones won’t spread under high torque, and the multitude of hydraulic lines and fittings on the active suspension of my S600 made the crowfoot line wrenches worth every penny.

I have a set of them made by GW. I used them a handful of times and found them to be OK.

Interesting. I’ve got regular line wrenches but for difficult access (which seems to be more common these days), I’ve got crowfoot line wrenches. Good ones, from SK.

They’re not cheap, but the good ones won’t spread under high torque, and the multitude of hydraulic lines and fittings on the active suspension of my S600 made the crowfoot line wrenches worth every penny.

At $99 they are a steal. Not sure how long this sale will last or if they were this price when you bought.

No skipped sizes. An 8mm would be nice though.

At $99 they are a steal. Not sure how long this sale will last or if they were this price when you bought.

No skipped sizes. An 8mm would be nice though.

WOW! Didn’t notice that in the link! Yeah, I paid a LOT more than that!

The pivoting line wrench really earned it’s keep today. We removed and installed a new high pressure hose on 2011 4WD Silverado. It was virtually impossible to get behind the power steering pump from underneath the truck because of the four wheel drive system. My son was able to lie under the front of the truck and reach underneath to the back of the power steering pump and use the pivoting line wrench to undo the fitting, releasing the high pressure hose. Installation was the same way. We weren't replacing the pump; just the high pressure hose from the pump to the steering gear, and the low pressure hose from the steering gear to the power steering cooler. Good tool.

Never seen line wrenches like that but I am sure they will be useful many times I have regular and crowfoot ones that I use. Definitely need good ones though I have broke lots of the Harbor Freight ones so I went to the pawn shops and collected a set of standard and metric mix of brands and they are fine most are SK

Back