Pirrelli P4 A/S+ vs Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S+

So I purchased some P4 A/S+ tires from a tire distributor and was accidentally sent P7 A/S+. Are the P7 an upgrade to the P4 or should I send them back and get the P4 like I ordered? The tires are identical sizes, the only difference is the P4 I ordered are T rated while the P7 I got is an H rated tire.

I would keep the p7. I have the p4 on the elantra. They are long wearing tires. They also ride hard. And they are not good on water when they are only 1/2 worn. Granted i have kyb struts which are stiffer, but the tires ride hard. They handle well though.

Last edited:
I have KYB struts and shocks on my Civic (which is what these are going on). So ride harshness is definitely a concern.

So I purchased some P4 A/S+ tires from a tire distributor and was accidentally sent P7 A/S+. Are the P7 an upgrade to the P4 or should I send them back and get the P4 like I ordered? The tires are identical sizes, the only difference is the P4 I ordered are T rated while the P7 I got is an H rated tire.

I believe you got an upgrade.

Read the reviews and decide for yourself as your criteria may be different from what others a want.

I think you came out ahead with the P7's. You can check on Tirerack for a price comparison, they carry both.

The P4 is classified as a standard touring tire, the P7 a grand touring. So I'd say the P7 would be an improvement in most attributes except perhaps treadwear.

If you live in a wet region, I’d check reviews about wet performance. I have had two sets of P7 A/S+ tires which were great most of the time but darn right dangerous in the wet. I have no experience with the P4s but take a look at some reviews to if they are better in the rain if that is important to you.

Also, the P7s are also very thumpy for the first few miles until the nylon belts warm up; and the nylon belts make the tires very quiet but also can make these tires very hard to balance. Road force balancing is definitely recommended. Out of the 8 tires I purchased, I received 3 out of rounds which required warranty exchanges.

If you live in a wet region, I’d check reviews about wet performance. I have had two sets of P7 A/S+ tires which were great most of the time but darn right dangerous in the wet. I have no experience with the P4s but take a look at some reviews to if they are better in the rain if that is important to you.

The P4 are the same or worse. My P4s are 1/2 worn, spins the tires on wet roads with every right turn from a dead stop. I have had the back end get squirrelly on an on ramp in the rain also. Mine are getting close to unsafe in the rain.

Last edited:
OP, if you are looking for a more supple ride at a good price, I’d have the distributor take back the Pirellis (seeing how they shipped the wrong ones, this shouldn’t be an issue) and get yourself some Continental TrueContact Tour or General Altimax RT43 tires. They both offer better impact absorption than the P7, have rides that are similarly as quiet as the P7s, are actually drivable in the rain, and can be had at decent prices usually.

Well I talked to the tire distributor (walmart) and they ended up deciding to send me the P4 and let me keep the P7s... decisions decisions. While its nice to have a couple free tires, I still have to decide which ones to put on my car now! a good problem to have though.

I have used both on the same car, the P7 is superior. No problems with snow, rain, dry, and they are quiet. Highly recommend them.
BTW I am running them on 3 cars and RT43 on one, the P7 is the better tire, I wouldn't even consider the P4 today.
JM2C

The P7’s on my Fusion have been a great tire, especially where dry handling and cornering are concerned. I will say that with a little over 40k on them the wet handling has declined noticeably

Back