PIA Airbus Crash

Pakistan International Airlines flight 8303 and Airbus A320 went down this morning in Pakistan.

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/pakistan-crash-latest-intl/index.html

It looks like the RAT was deployed. Pilot mentioned mechanical issues prior to the accident.

IMG_0242[1].JPG

Hate to say it folks but it's well known aircraft maintenance with some 3rd world countries isn't always the best and has led to some SERIOUS crashes in the past

Dave

Originally Posted by GMguy84
Hate to say it folks but it's well known aircraft maintenance with some 3rd world countries isn't always the best and has led to some SERIOUS crashes in the past

Dave

As well as their pilots you ever hear of a 737 MAX crashing with an American pilot?

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

Dave

As well as their pilots you ever hear of a 737 MAX crashing with an American pilot?

BINGO !!

Because no American Pilot has ever crashed an airplane before, right? Not sure how hard I can roll my eyes...

Are standards lower in some other places? No doubt.

Are there bad American pilots? No doubt.

Not defending PIA here, or its pilots, but at this point we basically know the plane crashed. Lots more to learn from an actual investigation rather than just thumping the 'merica drum...

Time will provide clarity. Period.

Dave

Airlines in that part of the world use the P-51 maintenance protocol , which some may recognize as "pencil whipping" maintenance requirements.Best example I can think of is the Alaska Airlines crash into Pacific of Los Angeles due to lack of lubrication of the horizontal stabilizer jack screw assembly.

[
Originally Posted by John_Conrad
sad.

off note, looks like there is a dolphin looking ufo above the plane ?

That looks like the gremlin that drove William Shatner insane on the twilight zone years ago

Rod

Oh no.

Maybe a bit off topic, but I know we here in the USA (The NTSB) has/have a tendency to blame pilots for crashes. "Pilots failure to maintain control" is a common statement. However, it is my belief that some form of mechanical issue is often a contributing factor. With smaller aircraft, we often don't have any way to know what happened.

In any case, very sad.

Back when I was DWY, I ran a yellow light with a cop on my tail. I 'splained to the ossifer that it was raining and I didn't want to skid. Cop says that if I couldn't control car in those conditions, it was MY fault. That was maybe my 3 rd ticket. He was 100% right of course.
grin2.gif

sad.

It is Flipper.

sad.

You mean the bird?

Double engine failure that required the R.A.T. to be deployed? Sounds like a possible bird strike or out of fuel on final approach.

Originally Posted by PowerSurge
Double engine failure that required the R.A.T. to be deployed? Sounds like a possible bird strike or out of fuel on final approach.

That is what I think too. We will not have any idea for some time, but this is very unusual.

As someone who worked at Frontier Airlines that looks like an A319. Some of the early A320's had wing tip fences but went to sharklets later on. Airbus is very ala carte with their software and programs. Wouldn't suprise me if they tried to handle some items in house vs having Airbus help due to the expense.

Dave

Really? Remember that time when Allegiant had to make emergency landing in I think South Dakota during Blue Angles air show bcs. they did not have enough fuel to reach Minneapolis? Colgan Air? etc.
Also remember that time when AA pilots raised issue with MAX?

Bottom of the engines appear all scraped up.

*** RUMOR & SPECULATION ***
They attempted a belly landing due to mechanical reasons. Or by accident. Engines scraped...

It didn't go well so they did a go-around but the engines took too much damage and failed, causing the crash.
*** /RUMOR & SPECULATION ***

83C9EAB2-9375-4056-B0C3-50EDA31B4214.jpeg

Originally Posted by E365

They attempted a belly landing due to mechanical reasons. Or by accident. Engines scraped...

It didn't go well so they did a go-around but the engines took too much damage and failed, causing the crash.

Hmmm... Definitely think this was a maintenance issue or incompetent pilot issue, not an airplane issue.

Originally Posted by dogememe
Originally Posted by E365

Hmmm... Definitely think this was a maintenance issue or incompetent pilot issue, not an airplane issue.

That is why it is called rumor and speculation. Who knows what happened. If he tried belly landing and then did go around, that is really weird.

Back