PF RGT vs Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people on BITOG go either with Mobil 1 or Pennzoil/Rotella, but Valvoline Advanced Synthetic has really impressed me with its specs -- a very thick base oil, very little VII, and a very strong HTHS.

Originally Posted by 4WD
This is one of those you read only the first and last post, skip the video - and move on ….

I watched the video and sit with two 5qt jugs of Mobil-1. Would I return them to Wally's and buy RGT.... I dunno.

Originally Posted by GON
Great video!!

One thing- he did not compare RGT to M1 GT. He compared to regular M1.

And I was just in cleveland last week for for work. Totally forgot!

Originally Posted by Gokhan
Most people on BITOG go either with Mobil 1 or Pennzoil/Rotella, but Valvoline Advanced Synthetic has really impressed me with its specs -- a very thick base oil, very little VII, and a very strong HTHS.

I second that. It's all about super tech, mobil1 and Pennzoil but valvoline produces great fuel mileage and smoothness every time I use it. Plus the oil stays nice and clean the whole interval. Outside of 1 change with PP 0-20, my wife's rogue has had nothing but 0-20 with max life for 25k. It's a leas but if I turn it in someones getting a well cared for vehicle.

Using RGT the last 4K miles. No complaints at all. Engine is very quiet on cold starts. (4.0 is known to be a bit loud).

RGT is GTL.

As far as this testing video, I don't put much in it at all.

Originally Posted by buster
Using RGT the last 4K miles. No complaints at all. Engine is very quiet on cold starts. (4.0 is known to be a bit loud).

RGT is GTL.

Without condemning or condoning the video, there's more science in it [the video] than someone simply offering up "it sounds quiet in my engine" or "I got worse mileage when I ran it". That said, both RGT and M1 carry the latest approvals so they're more than capable lubes...but just like the saying goes, results may vary.

I would like to see RGT vs Kirkland or Supertech... if hes all about the view counts i think alot of people would want to see.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by buster

RGT is GTL.

Without condemning or condoning the video, there's more science in it [the video] than someone simply offering up "it sounds quiet in my engine" or "I got worse mileage when I ran it". That said, both RGT and M1 carry the latest approvals so they're more than capable lubes...but just like the saying goes, results may vary.

Agree. Both are good. I'm happy with RGT.

I'm a long-time user of Mobil 1 and I think it's time for a change. Is this available at Walmart? Is it cheaper or more expensive?

I'll be interested to watch the video a little later.

PF detractors in 3...2...1...

and--
Originally Posted by ad244
RGT is the best oil, period.

35.gif

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
I'm a long-time user of Mobil 1 and I think it's time for a change. Is this available at Walmart? Is it cheaper or more expensive?

Tractor supply has it on sale for $18 I believe.

It's nonsense testing by a guy that actually likes Lucas Snakelard, it has no bearing over an actual OCI. He didn't even test the correct Mobil 1..

It's about the same at Walmart, Tractor Supply has it on sale for $18 a jug with a $10 rebate from Shell...

Excellent. What do you use for a toothbrush? I'm going to run a toothbrush toilet cleaning test later and then you'll be able to know how your brand stacks up, you'll definitely need my data to make an informed decision. I'll even have used samples available so you know 100% that your mouth is getting only the best!

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

Excellent. What do you use for a toothbrush? I'm going to run a toothbrush toilet cleaning test later and then you'll be able to know how your brand stacks up, you'll definitely need my data to make an informed decision. I'll even have used samples available so you know 100% that your mouth is getting only the best!

I honestly don't know. My wife makes toothbrush decisions lol. Do you think Project Farm is hogwash? The video left me thinking other brands are catching up to Mobil 1. Which is bound to happen with any product sooner or later, right?

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

I honestly don't know. My wife makes toothbrush decisions lol. Do you think Project Farm is hogwash? The video left me thinking other brands are catching up to Mobil 1. Which is bound to happen with any product sooner or later, right?

Yes, it's for entertainment purposes only, even he states so. There's no value relative to the product's performance in your vehicle that can be derived from these carnival sideshows.

Really impressed with RGT. I'd still buy Mobil 1 when the rebate comes around but RGT for $8 a jug is spectacular.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
I like how some get all worked up whenever a PF video is posted.

I don't mind that they are posted, as long as they are placed in the proper section, which is the humour forum.

The problem with them appearing in the PCMO section or any of the other technical forums is that it gives credence to the idea that this is legitimate testing, despite it being noted repeatedly and by PF themselves that this is done for entertainment purposes only. Look at some of the responses in this thread alone and you'll see what I mean.

Giving these videos any sort of platform as a legitimate metric by which to judge oil performance drags down the intellectual and technical value of this board. I could offer equally stupid and compelling testimony by testing which oil most easily facilitates a 4WD burn-out in my SRT or which grease best deters squirrels from getting at a bird feeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back