Peugeot Will Return To The US

There's only 1 Peugeot I want to own..

2001_Peugeot_206WRC1.jpg

Does this mean I will be able to buy a 2 door hatchback with no CVT?

Yes, and apparently, Peugot is the gateway to EV-ify the FCA fleet, so I'm hoping we see some decent EV's in the near future. I'd love an electric SRT GC, I'd be all over that like a fat kid on smarties.

Likely part of the Stellantis group.

It will be nice to see some of the other Euro makes some of the French models are great looking cars, I just hope they leave SUV's out of it.
With Ford and GM basically giving up on cars, they will find themselves in bankruptcy once the finicky US buyers drop their pickups and SUV's like a hot rock and refuse to buy Chinese made GM products.

The Peugeots we saw in Paris, especially the G7* cab we took to the airport, were all real nice.
However, all my life people said, "Saabs are real nice", but few bought them.
Soon buyers' feelings towards cars will have to include considering electric vehicles. The "brand name to quality perceptions" could change.

* G7 is a cab company with a solid reservation system. They issue reservation numbers and have an English speaking phone center.

Last edited:
It will be nice to see some of the other Euro makes some of the French models are great looking cars, I just hope they leave SUV's out of it.
With Ford and GM basically giving up on cars, they will find themselves in bankruptcy once the finicky US buyers drop their pickups and SUV's like a hot rock and refuse to buy Chinese made GM products.

Don't forget, Ford is on the China bandwagon as well. There will be as many as 5 Lincoln models made in China in the next 3-4 years. Wouldn't be surprised to see other Ford products shift to China as well in the next 5 years. But I agree, buyers in the US will be very hesitant to spend hard earned money on a Chinese assembled domestic nameplate car.

I don't think Ford and GM will end up in bankruptcy. Pickups have been big sellers for decades now, and SUVs are basically the new family car.

My love of french cars came from the movie RONIN. Would watch again for the car chases,shootouts and the cute girl. Cant stomach zero deniro though.

when it comes french cars citroen is my favorite

Same here but I prefer the older ones. Citroen had some of the most advanced vehicle technology ever made, some of it is still in use under license today. Peugeot will hopefully bring their small station wagons on the US market.

French cars, have in the past and maybe still today, made Fiats seem sensible and durable. Styling is almost always good, that much I can accept.

Flame suit zipped up.

I have found them to be the exact opposite, some of the technic was certainly unique but it was high quality and extremely well implemented.

Back