Perhaps an interesting question about the Mobil 1 Annual that I can't find now.

So here's a pic after 9k miles of using the Mobil 1 Annual 5W-30, that
20200907_170510.jpg
was in my oil catch can from a 2019 Explorer Sport that has twin turbos on it. And I have beat the snot out of this engine. For the records, this is lowest amount of oil ever. I'm so pissed I can't find it anymore....

Seriously? I could probably drink that much oil with no ill affects. So the other day I resorted to buying the Mobil 1 EP 5W-30. I'm sure it's a great oil but their Annual, to me, was amazing!!

Huh. Not a whole lot you're going to do about it.

How do you know there isn't an other oil that behaves exactly the same?

Huh. Not a whole lot you're going to do about it.

How do you know there isn't an other oil that behaves exactly the same?

honestly I don't know. Aside from the Motorcraft oil that would leave my catchcan almost filled after just 3k miles.

As mentioned on another thread today, AP has been discontinued. EP will take its place in the Mobil lineup. Is it the same? We don’t know yet but EP is a good oil.

As mentioned on another thread today, AP has been discontinued. EP will take its place in the Mobil lineup. Is it the same? We don’t know yet but EP is a good oil.

I've been using the EP for quite a long time in my other cars. I honestly think the Annual was better. Do I have proof. No.

I've been using the EP for quite a long time in my other cars. I honestly think the Annual was better. Do I have proof. No.

I could be wrong, but I think people have consistently said that the AP was better, but the EP is almost as good.

I am even seriously thinking getting some this week, if I still can. (On sale)

As to the post about the Interesting Question, I am not sure why a small amount of oil in your catch can is a factor. Did your engine use or burn all the oil? If so, that could be a concern, if you ran your engine low on oil . This catch can, it obviously is not the oil pan where oil drains out, so, its function, please?

I could be wrong, but I think people have consistently said that the AP was better, but the EP is almost as good.

I am even seriously thinking getting some this week, if I still can. (On sale)

As to the post about the Interesting Question, I am not sure why a small amount of oil in your catch can is a factor. Did your engine use or burn all the oil? If so, that could be a concern, if you ran your engine low on oil . This catch can, it obviously is not the oil pan where oil drains out, so, its function, please?

No sir. The intent of my question revolved around why I had so little in my catch can using the Annual MB1 after 9k miles.... that's all... as compared to MC 5W-30.

was it that $$$$ much better!! surely Redline is one of the best but $$$$. there are better oils that cost more because of costlier ingredients + since wallys dont sell them you gotta pay $$$$. i run only Redline in my 300 hp TT with a 4.25 qt sump + feel its worth the $$$

And I run Amsoil AFL in my 330+ HP Stage 2+ S4 with a 8qt sump. Works for me. AP works for him.

This catch can, it obviously is not the oil pan where oil drains out, so, its function, please?

I'm assuming he is talking about a catch can in the PCV circuit to catch the oil and keep the engine from consuming it. I have one on my Supercharged Mustang.

Back