Pentosin Mania

I came across a large number of Pentosin products at my local Lordco Auto Parts store. It's the same store that has a full line of Motul oil products. Enjoy.

EA7E14DE-B483-498F-8E42-D52EFE79618F.jpeg

1D5D446D-2E1C-40AA-BF4E-8BA81C27A8E0.jpeg

1F89BBBE-49E2-4837-A3EE-4C3CF2430471.jpeg

FF8D9A77-883F-4E69-8B17-8C549FBE0D20.jpeg

74388537-0793-4DE0-9502-43489D399DF8.jpeg

B18AB320-A7A2-4876-ABEA-84EBA5B14A94.jpeg

551BB89B-EC87-4B34-87E6-B297630D517C.jpeg

FDA8AB2C-37EE-4FFF-ADD1-D79DF41B4D5C.jpeg

Last time Advance Auto had a clearance on certain Pentosin products I picked up a few jugs of their High Performance 5W-30 (still BMW LL-01) and 12 quarts of the ATF 1. Put both in my FIL's W210 Benz. I must say their website seems a bit screwy, not easy to navigate or quickly find application information.

I'm sure it's just me.

http://www.pentosin.net/

Last edited:
I wonder if that FFL2 or FFL4 75w 'Double Clutch' gear oil or transmission oil would work in a Ford MTX75 that calls for 75W GL4?
I can get them at my local AA... Molakule, do you know?

Wow great that your local parts store stocks that stuff.

Almost NOBODY in the USA stocks these things in brick and mortar stores.

Can barely find any GL-4 gear oil for manual synchronized light vehicles here at all either.

Now that GM recommends it for my Suburban via their latest service bulletin,, Im gonna buy some to flush out my PS system.

Question, I see two different colored cans for CHF 202.
White can, Blue & Black letters and a Silver can, Blue letters with Red underscore .

Is this just a label change?

Last edited:
Wow great that your local parts store stocks that stuff.

Almost NOBODY in the USA stocks these things in brick and mortar stores.

Can barely find any GL-4 gear oil for manual synchronized light vehicles here at all either.
All the NAPA stores in Southeastern Wisconsin have a good selection of Pentosin products, even in Northern Wisconsin I have found them at NAPA. You might check there if you're interested in purchasing their products.

I wonder if that FFL2 or FFL4 75w 'Double Clutch' gear oil or transmission oil would work in a Ford MTX75 that calls for 75W GL4?
I can get them at my local AA... Molakule, do you know?

On the hyundais I worked on, some gearboxes were notoriously bad shifters when cold. I may have put some Double clutch gear oil in them which improved the shifting. I think it only did so because the oil is a bit thinner when cold though...

Now that GM recommends it for my Suburban via their latest service bulletin,, Im gonna buy some to flush out my PS system.

Question, I see two different colored cans for CHF 202.
White can, Blue & Black letters and a Silver can, Blue letters with Red underscore .

Is this just a label change?
Try some Honda equivalent fluid- you'll like it.

Isn't the Honda equivalent a thicker oil? When temps are below 30 deg F. It groans and whines.
Based on my limited knowledge and some research, a thinner oil might help.
Does the Honda have a high VI?
Not sure what would help, honestly.

I did find Pentosin CHF202 for ~$6 liter on Amazon. 12pk, but has a 6-week ship date, lol. Just in time for warmer weather 🤣

Pentosin makes a quality product.

I use their Pentofrost line of antifreeze exclusively in my vehicles, concentrate gallons can be purchased on RA for nearly the same price as brand name coolant at Walmart, provided you've combined it with other parts shipping from the same warehouse.

I remember torching a steering rack on an '01 VW Jetta because I topped up the PS with generic power steering fluid from Autozone, which turned the fluid into a foamy milkshake-looking mess. Found out from a VW mechanic I knew that you're supposed to use CHF 11S fluid. A buddy and I spent an afternoon flushing the whole system with CHS 11S; that was an expensive endeavor. I'll never forget those ****ed green cans and how much money I spent on them! Cured the awful noises and got the car going again but rack never did work quite right afterwards, always had random dead spots where the PS froze up when turning the wheel.

Isn't the Honda equivalent a thicker oil? When temps are below 30 deg F. It groans and whines.
Based on my limited knowledge and some research, a thinner oil might help.
Does the Honda have a high VI?
Not sure what would help, honestly.

I did find Pentosin CHF202 for ~$6 liter on Amazon. 12pk, but has a 6-week ship date, lol. Just in time for warmer weather 🤣
I don't know- all I know is I tried it and it works well, got away from it in favour of GM cold climate, M1 atf, Royal Purple, Red Line, and ended with a Honda type refill and am happy again- not a miracle but I can live with whatever whine I have that the others didn't quiet down. Used this in Yellowknife Canada after replacing all PS lines with custom hydraulic lines and Edmonton AB now, temps -30C.

Back