Pennzoil Platinum HM 5W30, 5150 miles, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 - UOA with particle count and eight months of oil use (Oct 2019 - Jun 2020).

-Oil: Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 5W30
-Oil Filter: Mobil-1 M1C-455A
-Air Filter: Purolator
-Miles on oil: 5,150
-Miles on Jeep: 85,420
-Additive: Schaeffer's #132
-Previous reports: Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 with 4oz Tufoil and OEM filter

Blackstone Jeep Grand Cherokee Oil Analysis 5,150 miles and 85,000 miles on Jeep - 2 Jul 2020-1.png

Is Pennzoil lowering the moly? I remember Adam doing a voa on PPHM and the moly was near 200ppm.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Is Pennzoil lowering the moly? I remember Adam doing a voa on PPHM and the moly was near 200ppm.

I hope Pennzoil is not watering down there products after they built up a nice fan base .

Is Schaeffer's #132 thick as molasses? How many ounces are in that supplement? I ask because the cst@100 is unusually high here.

Nice report - regardless!!!!

How was fuel mileage compared to previous OC and why the additives?

What went in for next OCI?

I had found Valvoline Advanced to be the finest 5W30 I've ran when I had the noisy NIssan QR25DE

NO Comparison. Though I would guess wear rates would be similar.

And, No additives wanted or needed.

An I was never happy with Valvoline Synpower Prior to this new formulation.

So no Fanboy -ism involved in my perceptions.

Just a HInt
smile.gif

Originally Posted by newtoncd8
Yes, I used 16oz of Moly #132. It is super thick.

And apparently, it has no Moly in it, given the analysis. !

I would Forget that junk. Just find a good oil - like I mentioned in the post above.

smile.gif

Last edited:
No difference is gas mileage or anything else. Using the same combo in our RX330 and same thing -- no change in fuel economy, just smooth, quiet engine.

I am the anti-BITOG, I like to use additives. Have used them for years along with Pennzoil and took a Camry to 351,000 miles before rust handed it to charity. I have used Tufoil for years, but wanted to try Moly #132 for a few changes -- so I will continue to use them.

This oil change is the same -- PPHM, Schaeffers and a Mobil-1 filter (even though the particle count wasn't great, I picked up 10 filters for $2.50 a piece, so I have a lot to go through).

I would actually prefer to run Schaeffers 7000 5W30, but the overall cost (product and shipping) is tough to justify with the price of Pennzoil 5 quart jugs at WalMart.

Thanks to the love of MoS2 on here I lunched a new Honda VTEC engine in 2012.

I was stupid, there was a lot of chatter at the time and tried it - against my left brain saying , " NO! NOoooo! "

Lost O.P, got rod knock.

And this is the Honda block use in formula 4 Racing.

WARNING: DO NOT USE LIQUIMOLY in a pressure lubed engine with full-flo filtration.

Back