Pennzoil Motorsports Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwillson

Staff member
Hello again Bob Is the Oil Guy Members from the team at Pennzoil.

In a continued effort to maintain our commitment to BITOG’s dedicated community of lubricant and automotive enthusiasts, the Pennzoil team would like to lift the curtain and provide a behind-the-scenes look into the Pennzoil motorsports sponsorships.

We are thrilled to announce an exciting opportunity that is being made available exclusively to BITOG members. This year, Pennzoil will be offering the opportunity for BITOG members to attend one of three motorsports events across the country that will highlight the brand’s efforts in NASCAR, the Indy Racing League and the American Le Mans Series. Through these motorsports sponsorships, Pennzoil has the ability to test existing and new motor oil technology developed by the brand’s scientists to gain insights from the track that can translate directly into the formulation of its consumer motor oils.

There will be two (2) BITOG members selected to participate in the planned activities at each of the three (3) race event opportunities:
1. The inaugural, Streets of Baltimore IndyCar race, Saturday, Sept. 4 in Baltimore, MD
2. The American Le Mans Series Championship, Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta, Oct. 2 in Braselton, GA
3. NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Saturday, Oct. 15 in Charlotte, NC

The selection process for each of the three races will start two months prior to the date of each race event beginning with the Streets of Baltimore IndyCar race in Baltimore, MD.

Pennzoil is extremely excited to be able to offer this exclusive opportunity to the BITOG community with only a few requirements for eligibility for the first opportunity:
1. For the IRL Streets of Baltimore race opportunity, members must submit by August 5, 2011 to be eligible
2. Members must be in good standing with the BITOG community
3. Only members from the northeastern region will be considered for the Streets of Baltimore opportunity, as BITOG members are responsible for travel to and from the event in Baltimore, MD
4. Attendees will be asked to write about their experience and post it to the exclusive Pennzoil Motorsports Experience located on the BITOG main page within one week of the race
5. Interested members, meeting the above criteria, should email [email protected] with the following information to become eligible for the opportunity:
A. Full Name
B. BITOG User Name
C. Mailing Address
D. Phone Number
E. Email Address
F. DOB
G. Why you are interested in attending this event
H. Why you think BITOG should choose you as a representative of the community

Each attendee submission will be reviewed individually and chosen by the BITOG team. Thank you all for your continued support and enthusiasm, and look forward to sharing details about the other two events later in the year.

The Pennzoil Team

------------------ below added after original post -----------------

If selected, BITOG members will be responsible for their own travel to and from the event as well as any necessary lodging there as well.

As guests of Pennzoil attendees will receive tickets to race that grant them access to Shell’s hospitality area where there is often swag, food and beverages. Additionally, attendees will receive pit passes that grant them access to restricted areas not usually available to the public along with a tour of the race teams’ onsite facilities and prep areas.

Again, this will be in addition to the following:

Event Details:

Attendees will be selected by Wayne Willson based on the responses to the questions listed in G and H of the eligibility requirements behalf of BITOG according to the following criteria:

1. Members must be in good standing with the BITOG community

2. For the IRL Streets of Baltimore race opportunity, members must reply by August 5, 2011 to be eligible; for the ALMS Petit Le Mans race opportunity, members must reply by September 2, 2011 to be eligible; for the NASCAR Charlotte Motor Speedway race opportunity, members must reply by September 16, 2011 to be eligible

3. BITOG members are responsible for travel to and from as well as hospitality for the events in Baltimore, MD; Braselton, GA; Charlotte, NC

4. Attendees will be asked to write about their experience and post it to the exclusive Pennzoil Motorsports Experience located on the BITOG main page within one week of the race

5. Interested members, meeting the above criteria, will be asked to email BITOG (Wayne Wilson to provide email address) with the following information to become eligible for the opportunity:

A. Full Name

B. BITOG User Name

C. Mailing Address

D. Phone Number

E. Email Address

F. DOB

Each attendee submission will be reviewed individually and chosen by the BITOG team. Thank you all for your continued support and enthusiasm, and look forward to sharing details about the other two events later in the year.

banana2.gif
happy2.gif

It's official!

I was just wondering...

If one were to win this contest and be selected to represent BITOG at this event, what could one expect to receive ?

Lodging ? Food ? Clothing ? Etc ?

All the first post says that we would be guests of Pennzoil and be expected to write about our experience.

I am not trying to be snarky, honest.

Originally Posted By: Milkman
I was just wondering...

If one were to win this contest and be selected to represent BITOG at this event, what could one expect to receive ?

Lodging ? Food ? Clothing ? Etc ?

All the first post says that we would be guests of Pennzoil and be expected to write about our experience.

I am not trying to be snarky, honest.

+ 1
I was wondering the same thing!

What a great opportunity for members-I must assume (a**-u-me) that dedicated members who always slam or have prefernces for other oils will automatically be eliminated as reps.
OK folks fire away.

Originally Posted By: wwillson

3. Only members from the northeastern region will be considered for the Streets of Baltimore opportunity, as BITOG members are responsible for travel to and from the event in Baltimore, MD

Don't know about Shell/Pennzoil, but the old Pennzoil would include all access pass to the paddock area, meeting the Pennzoil sponsored teams (Penske) and some form of clothing (i.e., cap or shirt) and a goody bag.

To bad I live in Wisconsin as I would like to go. My son lives in the Baltimore area and I would love to take him to the races.

If selected, BITOG members will be responsible for their own travel to and from the event as well as any necessary lodging there as well.

As guests of Pennzoil attendees will receive tickets to race that grant them access to Shell’s hospitality area where there is often swag, food and beverages. Additionally, attendees will receive pit passes that grant them access to restricted areas not usually available to the public along with a tour of the race teams’ onsite facilities and prep areas.

Again, this will be in addition to the following:

Event Details:

Attendees will be selected by Wayne Willson based on the responses to the questions listed in G and H of the eligibility requirements behalf of BITOG according to the following criteria:

1. Members must be in good standing with the BITOG community

2. For the IRL Streets of Baltimore race opportunity, members must reply by August 5, 2011 to be eligible; for the ALMS Petit Le Mans race opportunity, members must reply by September 2, 2011 to be eligible; for the NASCAR Charlotte Motor Speedway race opportunity, members must reply by September 16, 2011 to be eligible

3. BITOG members are responsible for travel to and from as well as hospitality for the events in Baltimore, MD; Braselton, GA; Charlotte, NC

5. Interested members, meeting the above criteria, will be asked to email BITOG (Wayne Wilson to provide email address) with the following information to become eligible for the opportunity:

A. Full Name

B. BITOG User Name

C. Mailing Address

D. Phone Number

E. Email Address

F. DOB

Absolutely! I think its getting formatted for the site (they have been turned in already).

I even did my first Youtube for the report! Not much but wanted to show something.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back