Pennzoil Gold 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ad244
Thanks for posting up! - Lots of Moly!

I think regular yellow bottle Pennzoil has even more.
I think I'm correct in that

Originally Posted by kstanf150

Every step-up the Pennzoil oils-ladder brings more cleaning power to the engine. There's more to an oil's makeup than just Moly.

Moly does not determine how good the oil is. I never looked at the Moly count - prior to my Pennzoil Gold purchase. What I looked at was SN Plus / Dexos1 Gen2 and the fact that I desired a SynBlend. I never install full synthetic in any of my new vehicles, prior to at least 3-4K on the odometer. I am old-school and believe a mix of conventional allows for a better engine break-in procedure.

I keep my vehicles. I don't trade them-in within approx 10 years 125K. First & last owner. Moly count means squatch to me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Every step-up the Pennzoil oils-ladder brings more cleaning power to the engine. There's more to an oil's makeup than just Moly.

Moly does not determine how good the oil is. I never looked at the Moly count - prior to my Pennzoil Gold purchase. What I looked at was SN Plus / Dexos1 Gen2 and the fact that I desired a SynBlend. I never install full synthetic in any of my new vehicles, prior to at least 3-4K on the odometer. I am old-school and believe a mix of conventional allows for a better engine break-in procedure.

I keep my vehicles. I don't trade them-in within approx 10 years 125K. First & last owner. Moly count means squatch to me.

(1st Sentence ) of Post above should have read....
Every step-up the Pennzoil oils-ladder brings more anti-wear, performance & cleaning power to the engine. There's more to an oil's makeup than just Moly.

(1st Sentence ) of Post above should have read....
Every step-up the Pennzoil oils-ladder brings more anti-wear, performance & cleaning power to the engine. There's more to an oil's makeup than just Moly.

True, oil's without moly perform just fine but I personally don't use an oil without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back