PEAK Full Strength Antifreeze and Coolant 1gal Clearance $8 w $5 MIR

pbm

I saw this yesterday at my local AZ. I wonder if this AF/coolant is a replacement for PEAK Global Lifetime since it seems to duplicate the intended purpose? At any rate, I like the idea of a P-HOAT without 2-EHA which this is alleged to be....unlike Prestone's Corguard which is also a P-HOAT but does contain 2-EHA. I'm going to pick up a couple of gallons.

Rebate T's & C's: caveat emptor OWP191161: Claim a $5 Prepaid Mastercard Card when you purchase any PEAK Original Equipment Technology Antifreeze + Coolant between August 1, 2019 - July 31, 2020. LIMIT ONE (1) REBATE PER CUSTOMER/HOUSEHOLD PER PROMOTIONAL PERIOD. Offer Number:OWP191161 Reward Amount:$5 Prepaid Mastercard Card Purchase Dates:8/1/2019 - 7/31/2020 Submission Deadline:Within 30 Days of Purchase

Originally Posted by pbm
I saw this yesterday at my local AZ. I wonder if this AF/coolant is a replacement for PEAK Global Lifetime since it seems to duplicate the intended purpose? At any rate, I like the idea of a P-HOAT without 2-EHA which this is alleged to be....unlike Prestone's Corguard which is also a P-HOAT but does contain 2-EHA. I'm going to pick up a couple of gallons.
If I were a betting man, I'd bet that 10X will replace PEAK Long Life(PLL)...and PEAK Original Eqyipment Technology(OET) in colors will replace PEAK Global Lifetime (PGL). What do you think?

pbm

CharBaby: I think the new 10X did replace the PLL....I'm just wondering why they would still market PGL when the new 10X stuff has no 2-EHA? I'm certainly no expert but I feel that P-HOATs are the best compromise in coolants....No 2-EHA (known to attack older gasket (plastic) material)....No silicates (known to wear water pump seals when used in higher doses)....No amines etc... The Phosphates give rapid protection against cavitation which Dexclones do not....etc... If I had to pick one AF to use in all vehicles (American, Japanese, Korean and European)...it would be PGL....now PEAK has this which seems to be even better...or at least as good as PGL....and widely available in concentrate (unlike PGL)...

Off Top, but is there a way to edit the title so it reads "PEAK Full Strength Antifreeze and Coolant 1gal Clearance $8 before $5 MIR" instead of "PEAK Full Strength Antifreeze and Coolant 1gal Clearance $8 w $5 MIR". Also like to add the Terms and Conditions in the first post:
Originally Posted by Egg_Head
Rebate T's & C's: caveat emptor OWP191161: Claim a $5 Prepaid Mastercard Card when you purchase any PEAK Original Equipment Technology Antifreeze + Coolant between August 1, 2019 - July 31, 2020. LIMIT ONE (1) REBATE PER CUSTOMER/HOUSEHOLD PER PROMOTIONAL PERIOD. Offer Number:OWP191161 Reward Amount:$5 Prepaid Mastercard Card Purchase Dates:8/1/2019 - 7/31/2020 Submission Deadline:Within 30 Days of Purchase

Originally Posted by pbm
CharBaby: I think the new 10X did replace the PLL....I'm just wondering why they would still market PGL when the new 10X stuff has no 2-EHA? I'm certainly no expert but I feel that P-HOATs are the best compromise in coolants....No 2-EHA (known to attack older gasket (plastic) material)....No silicates (known to wear water pump seals when used in higher doses)....No amines etc... The Phosphates give rapid protection against cavitation which Dexclones do not....etc... If I had to pick one AF to use in all vehicles (American, Japanese, Korean and European)...it would be PGL....now PEAK has this which seems to be even better...or at least as good as PGL....and widely available in concentrate (unlike PGL)...
Right! I still see PLL on shelves at the auto parts stores. Probably till the warehouses get rid of their stash. Same with PGL I suppose. IDK if OWI has stopped production of these(PLL/PGL)??? But, with the new line of OET's being a bit more specific to OE(IDK if it's just color?), PGL should be gone soon I would guess! I only see PGL at smaller stores like Rite-Aid & Walgreens(pharmacies).

Originally Posted by Strokenmerc
Thanks for the heads up. Picked up 4 jugs to change out some dexcool Cheers2
Forgot to mention the STP Max Life oil filters on clearance for $4. [Linked Image]