PEAK 10X or Peak Global Lifetime

pbm

I had wondered if PEAK was going to discontinue PGL now that PEAK 10X is also a non 2-EHA universal coolant.
Apparently that isn't the case as both are listed on PEAK's website. THE PEAK 10X is a non 2-EHA coolant that contains
some phosphates (which is recommended by Asian car makers).

If you had your choice....which of these would you use in a Ford Duratech 2.0 or 2.5 which spec's what is basically Dexcool (Ford Orange)?

I'd go with Peak 10x because it will be way easier to find on average. Plus the price is rather good on sale has well. Whereas the Peak global is really never on sale. Napa has it but it is always full price even if all the other Peak antifreeze varieties are on sale.

I believe that PEAK 10X is replacing PEAK Longlife(blue jug) and the new PEAK OET's(in OE colors) is replacing PEAK Global Lifetime(PGL).

Originally Posted by bbhero
I'd go with Peak 10x because it will be way easier to find on average. Plus the price is rather good on sale has well. Whereas the Peak global is really never on sale. Napa has it but it is always full price even if all the other Peak antifreeze varieties are on sale.

Thanks....I should have added that price or availability isn't an issue since I have both in concentrate form.
PGL concentrate is hard to find but PSC (in Wilkes Barre, Pa) carries it. I pass there on Interstate 81 occasionally and had
picked some up. I'll probably use the PGL because it's older.

As far as the PEAK OET's.....I'd be disappointed if they replaced PGL because they are more expensive and really no
different than OE formulas....in other words...their Dexcool is just Dexcool....their Asian is just a P-HOAT etc....PGL was unique and ahead
of it's time, IMO....

Originally Posted by bbhero

Thanks....I should have added that price or availability isn't an issue since I have both in concentrate form.
PGL concentrate is hard to find but PSC (in Wilkes Barre, Pa) carries it. I pass there on Interstate 81 occasionally and had
picked some up. I'll probably use the PGL because it's older.

As far as the PEAK OET's.....I'd be disappointed if they replaced PGL because they are more expensive and really no
different than OE formulas....in other words...their Dexcool is just Dexcool....their Asian is just a P-HOAT etc....PGL was unique and ahead
of it's time, IMO....

I know that you weren't asking me but...Yeah it is a shame.
However, we may see more sales/rebated etc. bringing the prices closer to the current products. And with the new PEAK coolants, IDK this for sure but, it's just my guess that these new PEAK OET & 10X are replacing PGL & PLL respectively.

Back