Oxy Clean On Leather Seats...WoW

My dirty job gets my Drivers Seat Belt pretty dirty...seat too. Well... I had the seat belt soaking in Oxy Clean/Water for about a half hour and then decided to take a brush to it. I happened to splash some all over the seat and soon noticed the grime melting off the seat. So I went to town on the seat. I couldn't believe how easy it cleaned up. Previously I've tried some of the harshest stuff on that seat like Mineral Spirits and Laquer Thinner and nothing worked. The seats are Beige and got Dingy from work and I thought I would never get them clean again. Just thought I'd pass it along to you guys.

Reactions: JC1
Noted. On my 91 300SD, the beige leather has a spot or two that Ive not gotten clean; Ditto a bit of dirt in some of the deep cracks in the leather of my 82 300CD. Will plan to try this when I have time... Thanks!

Maybe a change of clothes or coveralls for driving?

You're a brave person to put lacquer thinner on your seats. Good luck to you.

Purple power also does an awesome job on leather seats, I dilulate it a little strong than what it calls for on the bottle and it will clean anything of the seat.

Wow, that's insane! About two hours ago, I got anti-seize on my shirt and used Oxy Clean to clean it off before throwing it in the wash. Rubbed over the spot with my finger for a minute or so, and it took it right off. But my finger's literally as white as paper now!

Back