Overpriced Filters on sale for BMW at AZone

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the local places typically sell BMW replacement filters for about $10 (some regularly sell for $7 others for $12 or even more). Dealer itself is around 9ish.

But at present Autozone at 5 qts of QState and *ANY* STP oil filter on sale for $10. While most STPs are about $3 ea making this a pretty unimpressive deal all told - the regular AZone price for an STP filter for my BMW is $10 by itself. So what the... I don't need the QState for the bimmer but I can use it somewhere else.

Oh and something else I stumbled across: The first filter I took off the shelf had a filter from India in the STP box (along w/ the ORing and crush washer). At the last minute I noticed the box had a cut on it and put it back and took the box behind it. When I got home I was surprised to find that box contained a Mann (German) filter (with o-ring and washer). While I can't speak for the media paper, I'd say the Indian filter actually looked a little better with it's heavy neoprene end caps vs the Mann filter with it's glue-like end caps. Really it doesn't matter I'm sure. Just an FYI.

And for folks with other 'overpriced' filters in the STP line I'm sure the same deal holds.

Just thought I'd pass that on by way of giving something back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back