OSX 10.15.5 Mail Program POP Issue

JHZR2

Staff member
Not sure what Im doing wrong - would appreciate some thoughts.

Previously Id have my mail program set up for archiving, in a manner where I used POP, and it would pull down emails, but leave a copy on the server. I had it set up to only remove from the server when I physically deleted or removed the message from the POP "inbox" to an archive folder.

I did not use IMAP in my mail program. I use an app interface, that I guess is IMAP on my iOS devices, so when I have stuff I want to delete, it gets removed from the server, but Ive always used POP for my archive.

Recently I upgraded my MBP to 10.15, and I had the Mail program set up like this:

[Linked Image]

And any time I open it up, and it downloads messages, they are all deleted from the server.

Any idea why? Im not hitting "remove now", and Im not pulling them out of the inbox in the Mail program to the archive folder.

Its just deleting anyway.

If I uncheck that option, then it pulls them down, and they all get marked as read on the server, but if I delete or move a message in my Mail program, it is not deleted from the server.

Used to work fine. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
What are the available options on the drop-down that is currently set to "when moved from Inbox"?

Timeframes... Like it will keep them on the server for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc.

IIRC, there used to be a checkbox that was explicit to "leave a copy on the server"...

Sounds like it could be a bug then. Would 1 month be a sufficient duration? Just wondering if the time-based scheduling would at least work correctly.

Back