Orschelns: Country Tuff Oil, $1.69/quart 7-15 to 7-19.

Orschelns is a Midwest farm supply chain. Per their latest flier, they have Country Tuff (Orscheln's house brand) conventional motor oil listed at $1.69/quart. Sale dates are July 15, 2020 to July 19, 2020. Weights listed are 5W20, 5W30 and 10W30. Made in the USA. No rebates needed and no limits, although they may not issue rain checks. I'm pretty sure Orschelns still gives military and senior citizen discounts on certain days of the week. FYI: I know nothing about this oil and I've never used it, just reading this off their sales flier. I have no idea who brews and bottles it for them.

To add info about senior & military discounts. Military discount includes veterans. My store doesn't ask for ID. I offer the info but never have had to show ID. Senior Citizen Discounts Customers age 55 and over are eligible to receive 5% off every Wednesday. Military Discount 5% off every Tuesday with valid Military ID.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
It looks like Citgo, but I've emailed them & asked for an MSDS & PDS, I will post it if/when they send it.
My first thought was Citgo too, but doesn't match newest Citgo bottles when I looked it up. Of course if the spec is three (counting SN+) generations back then their bottle picture is probably out of date as well. Looking forward to finding out what it is, for no particular reason except an incessant desire to know the source of every oil house brand.

Originally Posted by csandste
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
It looks like Citgo, but I've emailed them & asked for an MSDS & PDS, I will post it if/when they send it.
My first thought was Citgo too, but doesn't match newest Citgo bottles when I looked it up. Of course if the spec is three (counting SN+) generations back then their bottle picture is probably out of date as well. Looking forward to finding out what it is, for no particular reason except an incessant desire to know the source of every oil house brand.
$8.45 for 5 quarts-senior or military discount is a pretty good deal, IMHO it's going to be Citgo or Warren. I did read on another thread that it is SN+/GF-5 now, so that's an update needed to Orscheln's website too.

image.jpg

Bought all the xxw30 they had for top offs. Looks like old stock? They had API SP SAE 30. No included in the sale sadly.