Original 2016 VW Passat cabin filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original cabin filter from 2016 VW Passat 1.8t. ~49,000 miles. Mostly suburban driven in PA, NJ, MD.

Mann original and Mann carbon replacement.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Pretty boring filter change but this makes some of these crazy filthy filters we see all the more interesting. If this is nearly 50,000 miles, how long must it take for some of these over the top dirty ones to get to the nasty condition they get to.

Looks pretty good. It's always nice to have a clean cabin filter even though the old one is not bad. I imagine there is a lot of minute contamination in there that you do not see.

The Mann replacement appears to be impregnated with charcoal, hence they grey appearance.
It is a better filter than the OEM.
Many vehicles have a screen in line before the filter to keep the heavy debris from reaching the cabin filter.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Mann also makes a Frecious-Plus for this car
smile.gif

FP2939

With the problematic HVAC fan... no thanks with the reduced airflow of the FP filters, and more frequent replacement.

Wow, looks like you get way more mileage out of your cabin filters. I live in South Central PA as well and get about half that mileage before they get plugged up with debris, and that's with 2/3 vehicles being garaged.

Originally Posted by Delta
Wow, looks like you get way more mileage out of your cabin filters. I live in South Central PA as well and get about half that mileage before they get plugged up with debris, and that's with 2/3 vehicles being garaged.

Yeah, dunno, the car is mostly driven in York, Lancaster, Bucks, up to Dauphin counties, and down toward Baltimore typically. It's actually parked outside in the driveway and I have some big a$$ trees nearby. I use the leaf blower to blow the leaves off the car in the fall, but my son is clueless in such matters and doesn't waste his energy concerning himself with leaves in the HVAC filter. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back