Organizing The Shop

We bought a new house back in the spring and have been doing a good bit of renovations. The shop is a 20x25 ft and has been neglected until now. I finally got out there and organized everything. The parts are ready to go on the Camaro over the next few months. The pandemic closed the tracks and cancelled the events so that car has been neglected as well. I'm looking forward to making memories in this shop. I built the work bench and put in the light. The top shelf was already there. I scored the Rockstar cooler out of trash pile behind an antique shop.

120043508_10223848340777291_6409697753855919598_o.jpg

Looks good.

I recently built an office in the basement, and the exterior wall that was on the wood workshop side got pegboard from floor to ceiling. I figure, two sheets of that stuff, it'll take me a while to fill up with pegs and tools (turns out, it was more like an hour to fill, but it's way better than leaving in the piles I had before).

Reactions: JC1
I like the Rockstar Cooler,does it work?

I've been tossing the idea around of getting a Monster Energy cooler for the garage some day.

you gonna use that can of CAstrol or Valvoline any time soon?

I got those at the same antique shop. They'll make good decorations.

I'd probably add a half height shelf under that workbench.

That's the plan. I'll probably do that over the next month at some point. I got an old fridge for free so I'm going to be moving that in soon along with a couch. I'm considering a lift but the shop has a support beam in the middle that's 10ft high. I'm not sure how much clearance I'd have nor if the concrete is thick enough to support a lift.

I like the Rockstar Cooler,does it work?

I've been tossing the idea around of getting a Monster Energy cooler for the garage some day.

It does work. I'm not much of a Rockstar fan but love the cooler. I had Sam Adams in it over the weekend.

I'm considering a lift but the shop has a support beam in the middle that's 10ft high. I'm not sure how much clearance I'd have nor if the concrete is thick enough to support a lift.

4" concrete, they make 4 post lifts or low clearance 2 post for 10ft ceilings.

are you looking for more of a drive on lift for maintence or regular style?

Quick jacks are ok too but not much better than ramps or jack stands for my purposes.

4" concrete, they make 4 post lifts or low clearance 2 post for 10ft ceilings.

are you looking for more of a drive on lift for maintence or regular style?

Quick jacks are ok too but not much better than ramps or jack stands for my purposes.

I'd rather have a 2 post lift so brake jobs and such will be easier. I've never had a lift. I've always used jack stands or wheel cribs. With my bad back though, crawling on the ground under the car is taking a toll. It would make transmission swaps, rear end swaps, trans fluid changes, gear oil changes, exhaust work, etc... a lot easier if I had a lift.

quick jack and a "mechanic's stool" is decent for brakes. not as good for working on driveline or exhaust.

a quick google showed me several 2 post lifts for 10ft or under ceiling and requirements of 4" concrete.
if you have a full 10'
the Bendpak GP-7LC

if under 10ft the
BendPak GP-7LCS perhaps?

different style but still 2 post and under 10'
XPR-9S

I'm not a pro but those look better than random chinese rubbish lift.

Last edited:
Back