Oreilly Auto Superstart batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drove my motorhome from California to Maryland last week. Before I left I bought a super starter battery. I needed 2 but the store only had one. I forgot to get another battery on my phone way to Maryland. Now I’m over 100 miles away from an O’Reilly’s. Can I get a battery from another manufacture that’s the same size And output and use them for coach batterys? Or do I need to buy 2 more battery’s ?

You can get a battery from the same manufacturer with a different label from a different store. This would be ideal for a parallel starting setup (diesel?)

There are only three: Johnson controls, Exide, and East Penn.

Show us a pic of your battery and we'll give more advice.

To be clear, does your RV take one starter battery and one deep cycle? Because then you should get something rated for deeper discharges.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
You can get a battery from the same manufacturer with a different label from a different store.

There are only three: Johnson controls, Exide, and East Penn.

I'm not about to disagree with the group knowledge here. I am puzzled by this website below which lists "all" "manufacturers" but none of the generally accepted 3. Indeed, East Penn seems to be almost universally unknown except here.

What's up?

http://energy.sourceguides.com/businesse...facturers.shtml

Originally Posted By: eljefino
You can get a battery from the same manufacturer with a different label from a different store. This would be ideal for a parallel starting setup (diesel?)

There are only three: Johnson controls, Exide, and East Penn. What about Interstate? Do they make there own? I dont think they say johnson controls on them but Im not sure.

Show us a pic of your battery and we'll give more advice.

To be clear, does your RV take one starter battery and one deep cycle? Because then you should get something rated for deeper discharges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back