Older fram ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a good deal on the older fram ultra's online.
4 bucks each buying 6.
They say 15000 the current ones are rated at 20000
They look good no rust.
How long can these be stored ?
I'm keeping them inside in a/c.
I'm guessing there 2+ years old already.

I still have four Fram FPS7317 filters made in 09/2013 that will last me another 5-6 years. Sister of the Fram Ultra without the black gripped end, I keep them inside and I'm not afraid to keep using them in my vehicles.

Yup, the synthetic media will last a long, long time.
Rust is the bigger concern, but in a climate controlled environment, not an issue.
I have a few filters that are already 5 years old (some Wix made Carquest Blue) and will be close to 7 years old when I use them, and have no concerns about using them.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
My Walmart stores all have stopped carrying the ULTRAs but they carry the other FRAM Orange & Silver can. Hmmm!

Maybe more walmart shoppers prefer the 3 -5 dollar filters.
Theres always Walmart.com

Last edited:
My Walmart stores all have stopped carrying the ULTRAs....

Probably sick and tired of dealing with people who pull the " ol' switch-a-roony"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by incognito_2u

Probably sick and tired of dealing with people who pull the " ol' switch-a-roony"
laugh.gif

I've seen that too!

About a year + ago, I bought 2 FRAM Ultras at W*M. And when I was at the checkout paying for the filters, I had the cashier open the boxes(taped closed) right then & there to verify what was in boxes.

I didn't want to open the boxes myself in the filter aisle as I didn't want to draw attention from the eye in the sky.

Just wrap the filters in plastic bags and put them back in the box, keep them inside the AC room and they will keep for many years.

Will be installing the first one on my 2006 tahoe this weekend along with 5w 30 ultimate durability oil

Jay Buckley/motorking stated that the Ultra filters could last indefinitely in low moisture conditions, and that there really wasn't any difference between the old 15K "Xtended Guard" ones and the newer 20K ones. I've used both, they both have been fine (other than occasional can damage from road debris).

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Jay Buckley/motorking stated that the Ultra filters could last indefinitely in low moisture conditions, and that there really wasn't any difference between the old 15K "Xtended Guard" ones and the newer 20K ones. I've used both, they both have been fine (other than occasional can damage from road debris).

So at 4 bucks each I think it's a deal

Originally Posted by incognito_2u

laugh.gif

Or they noticed that the Ultras don't sell as many ('cause they last longer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back