Older car daily drivers

Just did a few thousand mile trip in my 204k mile 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6DI. (TX to SC). I had no worries as the car is ultra well maintained and I can fix whatever were to happen. Owing the car since new makes me feel secure but if I had a used car where I didn't know the history I wouldn't be as confident.

Just wondering, anyone out there have a big commute they do in an older vehicle? I’m talking 10 plus years old, doing whatever is necessary to keep that daily commuter going.

I did it once with a 1999 Honda Accord - thing had over 250,000 miles on it before I thought...well, I’d hate to break down on the side of the freeway with this thing on the way to work (and freeze half to death).

But I always found the long distance journey vehicle people inspirational. Love high mileage stories.

My latest car (2016 Avalon) I’m considering “going the distance” with this thing...250,000 plus, daily until I retire and just keeping the thing going. I’m only at 52,000 miles now, but I’ve been putting a good 500 a week on the thing as of late.
Once a week 120 miles. Drives like new. Butt is warm, or cold. Christopher Cross Ride like the wind.

Back