Old mantis tiller

I've got old mantis tiller. SV-4 with a zamu carb. I think it never had a primer bulb attached.if it did I don't recognize where it was. It's old. I cannot find any other numbers to I'd make model.the metal tag says SV-4.
I want to replace carb.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I believe that most of the Mantis tillers were either built by Echo or at least had an Echo engine on them. Any idea what year it is or the engine size?

maybe 20 years old. 2 cycle sv-4 zamu carb had funky stop run switch on handle looked kinda micky mouse installed but pretty sure oe

If it were mine I'd probably just hop on eBay and just do a search for Mantis carbs and scroll around until you see one that looks like a match. They have cheap Chinese carbs on there for most small engines starting at around $10 so. I've used them on weedeaters and on an ATV. I checked real quick and they have a bunch of them that might be just what you're looking for.

Reactions: JTK
I have a mantis combination tiller and hedge trimmer that came with one motor that you would put on whichever one you wanted to use. It hasn't been used in many years but if you ever really want it one of them are both I could sell it to you for a very low price, but unless you live near Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and could pick it up with an easy Drive shipping it would probably be too expensive.

Reactions: JTK
Thanks but I'm an okie.
That would would be a great road trip.BUT wife says no. 😃 😀 😄

The carb on mine is a ZAMA and the numbers on it that I think you need are C1U and K54. Mine also has a primer bulb on it. There is also a page in the manual but I don't know if that would be of any help. P3290001.jpegScan.jpeg

Thanks for your help. I ordered a 9 dollar carb on line it came in yesterday's mail. Tiller is running great. No adjustments needed. The only thing is the original carb didn't have a primer bulb so the little air filter cover doesn't have a cut out for the bulb.
No biggie, I just prime it put cover on.
then get to work 🙄

Back