Oil Udder

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! We wanted to share some behind the scenes photos on the development process and give people a little more context on the build quality.

First, some info on the production Oil Udder. The production version is injection molded with Nitrile Rubber (NBR) with a wall thickness of .0825" (see cut in half picture with calipers). The magnet holder and drain kit are injection molded with HDPE. The magnet is secured by crush ribs inside the magnet holder but also glued with Loctite E120HP chemical resistant epoxy. The combo plugs on the drain kit are molded in house (like an actual house) by us, using super thick, tough 2 part urethane.

We came up with the initial concept in February 2019. We started with a basic cup you can see in the pictures that was 3D printed. It slowly evolved through 26 prototypes into the final production version you see today, which is the 27th. Patents were submitted in October 2019. I have included some pictures to show how we developed the prototypes using 3D printed molds and silicone to save on our development cost, as well as some of those prototypes. Keep in mind the production version for sale is not made in a 3d printed mold it is injection molded. The pictures wwillson posted are the production version as are the pictures on our website.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by spasm3
Just watched the video. Cool idea. Video was funny too!
Sounded like Sam Elliot.

Thanks! yes we have no idea how how the video guys pulled that off!

Originally Posted by Bud
I find that using a gallon zip lock freezer bag works find for me, but this is a neat product.

That is what I use and save 30 bucks for beer!

I think your company slogan is good for your target market, but guys around here may get offended...we look forward to the day when we know we need to change the oil
lol.gif

Originally Posted by The Critic
Originally Posted by OIL_UDDER
Originally Posted by The Critic
Looks neat. This looks like something that would help with the messy oil changes on my 5.7L HEMI.

Thanks! In our promo video that is a 2017 RAM 1500 with the yellow filter... the other car was a Ford Focus ST. At the time we did not have the drain kit completed so it's (unfortunately) no in the video.

Excellent. Just ordered the version with the drain kit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Shipping was fast.

We ship every morning! How do you like it?? initial thoughts?

Will DM you with a few things we learned on our ram 1500.

Last edited:
Great Video! Yes the falling oil can make quite the splash and mess. I have some really tall ramps so I keep the tube on my Oil Udder. Drains down nice and easy with no splash. Uploading video link now....

Last edited:
We've been hiding a new feature... Oil Udder with Drain Kit and Oil Udder High Flow are 3 in 1 tools. Cut down splashes and spills on filter removal, drain plug removal (Magnet catches plug), and use as a funnel for your old oil. Here is a short video (featuring Kevin) we made highlighting the uses. The video is on a Silverado 2500HD.

I ordered mine a while back and just recently received it. It has a heavy duty feel to it. Can't wait to try it out.

I ordered mine a while back and just recently received it. It has a heavy duty feel to it. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for the Comment 97prizm! Yes it's 0.080" NBR and HDPE. Not cheap stuff but that is hard to communicate that information on a website. We refuse to make more junk, the world has plenty of that already. If taken care of it will be a great tool for years. Thanks again for the comment!

I received mine a few weeks ago and used it for the first time the other day. What a great product. I could never manage to not spill oil when changing the filter on my Golf. I'll use it on cars I maintain going forward!

Back