OIL UDDER Q+A

Kevin and Elliott, the inventors of Oil Udder here. We are new as a sponsor of BITOG, but have always enjoyed changing our own oil and using BITOG as a resource. Our goal was to create a tool that improves the process and reduces messes. We are happy to answer any questions on this thread.

BITOG users save 20% + free shipping. Use code BITOG at checkout.

You can check it out at oiludder.com and see some videos here: Oil Udder on Youtube

full-89636-46252-img_20200619_130405_3.jpg

Kevin was also an engineer on the design team for the Pentastar motor. Feel free to give him crap...

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you are using one on a LS engine in the picture. For those of us that were an idiot and over-tightened the filter on our last change, how good of a grip does the Udder give on the filter?

Unrelated, I just ordered one with a drain plug. I am going to show your webpage to the techs at my work and then bring it in for them to check out when it arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
I see you are using one on a LS engine in the picture. For those of us that were an idiot and over-tightened the filter on our last change, how good of a grip does the Udder give on the filter?

Unrelated, I just ordered one with a drain plug. I am going to show your webpage to the techs at my work and then bring it in for them to check out when it arrives.

bdcardinal,

Thanks for the order! Funny enough, the truck you see in the picture (Kevin's) is a 2003 Silverado 2500HD. Looks like you might be familiar with that vehicle.

To answer your question, it grips really good and it gives you a little increased diameter on your gripping point for more leverage. I was able to take the filter off my wife's Nissan Rogue after she went to a quick change place with just the Udder and it was really cranked on way too tight. With that said, the Nitrile Rubber on the Udder is super thick and don't hesitate to use a strap wrench on the outside of the udder.

Thanks for sharing it with the techs. We have a couple units in shops now and the feedback has been good so far. Thanks again for checking it out!

bdcardinal,

Thanks for the order! Funny enough, the truck you see in the picture (Kevin's) is a 2003 Silverado 2500HD. Looks like you might be familiar with that vehicle. Good call on getting the drain kit version, that thing drains a ton of oil when you crack the filter.

To answer your question, it grips really good and it gives you a little increased diameter on your gripping point for more leverage. I was able to take the filter off my wife's Nissan Rogue after she went to a quick change place with just the Udder and it was really cranked on way too tight. With that said, the Nitrile Rubber on the Udder is super thick and don't hesitate to use a strap wrench on the outside of the udder.

Thanks for sharing it with the techs. We have a couple units in shops now and the feedback has been good so far. Thanks again for checking it out!

This is a very interesting concept

What's the story on sizing though?

Regular vs XL?

Maybe throw a few super common filter part numbers in for sizing reference

This would be great for my 12 valve Vulcan Taurus, they love to soak the starter everytime the filter comes off

Good Morning Michaelluscher!
Thanks for the comments. The story on sizing is there are roughly 3 main sizes with spin-on filters (with some tolerance of course). Those are approximately 2.50in OD, 3.00in OD and 3.875in OD with the specific model falling somewhere in that range. The standard OIl Udder model fits anything under 3.125" in OD. Which is most engines under 6.0L (there are some odd balls!) and also covers the 2.5in class. It can do this because it magnetically holds itself to the bottom of the filter and, being a shore 60A NBR rubber its very flexible. So it will conform around the smaller filters and stretch over the larger ones in that range. Unfortunately, that same size can only stretch so far, once its too tight the drain ribs no longer work and it seals around the filter. Therefore we are currently designing the Oil Udder XL for the 3.875in filter class. These are most diesels as well as 3500, 4500 and 5500 larger gas engines such as the ford V10 in many AT&T trucks...and Hellcats
smile.gif

Here are a few filters below for the standard Oil Udder. All filters under 3.125IN OD....

- Bosch Oil Filter 3330 - 2.9375IN OD
- Mobile 1 M1-103A - 2.6875IN OD
- Wix 51024 - 2.9375IN OD

Here are a few the Oil Udder XL...For Filters above 3.125in and below 3.90IN (Pro-Order only right now, in development!)

- Motorcraft FL820S - 3.875IN OD
- Mopar MO899 - 3.875IN OD
- Mobile 1 M1-303 - 3.68IN OD

I hope this helps!

PS. Depending on your application, packaging etc you may want a drain kit if there is a lot of oil. You can also use a standard Oil Udder and then cut off the bottom nipple. This will work well and give you a nice drain option for a lower price. It's a bit more difficult to plug the hole after or attach a tube.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by michaelluscher

Regular vs XL?

This would be great for my 12 valve Vulcan Taurus, they love to soak the starter everytime the filter comes off

Yeah. Would this work on the filter in my F250 with the 6.7?

Originally Posted by buster
Awesome. Just ordered one.
cheers3.gif

Awesome! Thank you! I shipped it yesterday. Let us know what you think.

Mine just arrived today!! Of course I don't have any oil changes to do for a bit, but I am excited to use it.

Awesome! Thanks for ordering. Let us know what you think when you get a chance to use it!

Originally Posted by BeerCan
Originally Posted by michaelluscher

Regular vs XL?

Yeah. Would this work on the filter in my F250 with the 6.7?

Beercan,

You would need the XL for that guy. Should be available early fall. We are in prototyping and testing right now. Thanks for checking us out!

Hi guys, Kevin, time to give you some $hit on the Pentastar! Lol!

Check out this thread... Fram XG11665 Pentastar

The question is why do the oil filters come out of an OCI twisted? I´ve run Fram Ultras, Mobil 1, and Mopar filters and they all do it. The Fram has done it the least, IMO, but still does it. I have done UOAs on my PUG Pentastar and they come out great, so it doesn´t appear to be a problem. Just curious.

Btw, the Oil Udder looks like a great idea!

Hi guys, Kevin, time to give you some $hit on the Pentastar! Lol!

Check out this thread... Fram XG11665 Pentastar

The question is why do the oil filters come out of an OCI twisted? I´ve run Fram Ultras, Mobil 1, and Mopar filters and they all do it. The Fram has done it the least, IMO, but still does it. I have done UOAs on my PUG Pentastar and they come out great, so it doesn´t appear to be a problem. Just curious.

Btw, the Oil Udder looks like a great idea!

Indyfan,

Saw your post on the other thread about the Pentastar filter twist. Kevin has been tied up with the day job but will respond as soon as he gets a second.

Elliott

Back