OIL UDDER Q+A

Thinking something like this.... Simple bracket. Could have magnets on back and some holes to mount to something else if people want...

1597366705490.png

Will the Oil Udder stand up to the use of carburetor cleaner or chlorinated brake cleaners found in spray cans for cleaning up after an oil change?

Will the Oil Udder stand up to the use of carburetor cleaner or chlorinated brake cleaners found in spray cans for cleaning up after an oil change?
Hey Chemman! Thanks for the question. We don't like to BS around so I'll just shoot ya straight. The chlorinated cleaners will slowly eat away the NBR as they do with all rubbers. No lying or beating around the bush on the engineering there. The practical reality is the Oil Udder will still last years with someone cleaning it with them. Just expect it to slowly dry up and eventually crack. So to me the question is more of how long do you want your Udder to last? If it's on the side of "buy one for life" stick with the non-chlorinated stuff. If the $30 is NBD and you'd just get another one (if you like it which everybody has so far!) when it finally cracks then spray away!

Hope that answers your question.

Kevin

Hey Chemman! Thanks for the question. We don't like to BS around so I'll just shoot ya straight. The chlorinated cleaners will slowly eat away the NBR as they do with all rubbers. No lying or beating around the bush on the engineering there. The practical reality is the Oil Udder will still last years with someone cleaning it with them. Just expect it to slowly dry up and eventually crack. So to me the question is more of how long do you want your Udder to last? If it's on the side of "buy one for life" stick with the non-chlorinated stuff. If the $30 is NBD and you'd just get another one (if you like it which everybody has so far!) when it finally cracks then spray away!

Hope that answers your question.

Kevin

Thank you for the information. I shall use the non-chlorinated cleaners! I prefer to keep my tools in good shape for as long as possible!

Thank you for the information. I shall use the non-chlorinated cleaners! I prefer to keep my tools in good shape for as long as possible!
No problem! The gunk actually does a really good job at cleaning it up. I personally just leave my upside down in the tray for a day to let it drain and give it a whip. Good to go after! Lots of options.

Oil Udder XL Update - PO is out! I am working with the vendor on locking down the timing. Once I have that confirmed I will let everyone know. We are very excited to these into the larger filter vehicles and even have a few marine applications ready to keep that oil out of the bilge!

1599329722857.png

Cheers!

Oil Udder XL Prototype (in red) final in final stages of testing. PO to go out next week for production parts so you Diesel and Hellcat guys can contain the mess! cheers!

View attachment 27530
This is the perfect picture for a question I had: what's the round bottom for on the one on the right? I assumed the oil would come out there. Or is it like a proper udder with an opening that's sealed until you squeeze it open? If that's the case, if you want to use it for draining the oil as well, you'd need to get the high-flow version?

Hey Jonlandrum,
Good question. Hopefully this helps. Below are the three configurations we offer right now in a 3.125" cup (the XL cup size will be larger OD filters). From left to right. We have the Standard (closed tip, to catch oil or modify yourself). So there is no opening at all. Works great for smaller vehicles like the Focus ST or those looking to modify their own setup. The High Flow which has pre-cut tip. Great for those catching the plug and directing the oil and do not care or need to run it down in a tube. Lastly, the Drain kit versions that has a plug and tube to open and close the bottom. The red "combo Plug" on the drain kit allows the user to plug the oil filled hose when your done draining so it doesn't drip. I have attached a video below of me using it on my truck.

1601648484974.png

Does this answer your question on the types?

We will have the XL offered in the same configurations. Parts are do to my house Oct. 20th, start shipping next day or two (fingers crossed we don't encounter delays).

Kevin

Back