oil sample shelf life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys... I pulled a sample from one of my cars 6-8 months ago. Life happened and I never got around to shipping it off to Blackstone. Is it still OK to send the bottle, or will that much time on the shelf skew results?

This seems like a great question for Blackstone customer service.

You could try there, then post the response here.

Good luck!!!
cheers3.gif

I asked them about this before, and they said it was fine to send it it. This has happened to me before- so what I do is try to shake the sample bottle up: I leave it on the kitchen counter, and every time I go by I shake it up for as long as I can stand it. Once I have done that 5-10 times then I send it in. Bonus- arm workout !

Just stir the sample bottle well, scraping the bottom a few times. Then shake. Should be enough to get anything that may have settled to bottom or stuck to bottle moving around.

Originally Posted by domer10
Just stir the sample bottle well, scraping the bottom a few times. Then shake. Should be enough to get anything that may have settled to bottom or stuck to bottle moving around.

Stirring the sample is far more likely to introduce contaminants or skew results compared to letting the sample sit. Just ship it in... it will get plenty of shaking and movement during the shipping process.

Originally Posted by heynow
Originally Posted by domer10

Stirring the sample is far more likely to introduce contaminants or skew results compared to letting the sample sit. Just ship it in... it will get plenty of shaking and movement during the shipping process.

Lol, what more could you possibly introduce using a clean metallic utensil or plastic.....seriously this isn't a medical sample we're talking about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back