Oil for new Civic 1.5 turbo

Originally Posted by Ram02
QSUD 5w30 will serve a 1.5T Honda motor well

Thought about using it in my accord 2.0t but it's quite thick for a 5w30. Though...the rest of the world probably love you specs a 5w30 in the same engine.

Guys I sold that Civic Si lol, this thread is old.

It had a lot of quality issues and it SUCKED on the rain even going straight, [censored] thing almost killed me even with new tires.
So happy its gone.

You won't have issues running it at all. This low weight oil is only for mpg credits for cafe standards. They do not care about engine longevity they prefer you just buy a new one. Even a Toyota 0-16 engine, I would run 5/30. What manufacturer say in the owner's manual is we recommend. It does not say shall which means must,

Originally Posted by Bullwinkle007
You won't have issues running it at all. This low weight oil is only for mpg credits for cafe standards. They do not care about engine longevity they prefer you just buy a new one. Even a Toyota 0-16 engine, I would run 5/30. What manufacturer say in the owner's manual is we recommend. It does not say shall which means must,

Good point. Recommended not required, unlike VW, BMW, etc.

Either way, looks like Quaker state is still on the heavy end of the 30wt spectrum.

Originally Posted by BTLew81
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle007
Good point. Recommended not required, unlike VW, BMW, etc.

Either way, looks like Quaker state is still on the heavy end of the 30wt spectrum.

Even then it is the approval that is required, not the grade. Sometimes there isn't much choice but it's all dictated by the approval.

Back